Profitability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profitability

I'm trying to think of some more concrete rules on ensuring teams remain profitable. Obviously there are going to be some years where your team goes in the tank and ticket sales go down, which puts you in the negative at the end of the year but I want to avoid having teams who consistently overspend their means.

One idea would be to leave Signing bonuses on for draft picks. Although I don't really like this system in MLB, It would force teams to keep some cash on hand in order to sign their draft picks.

If anybody has other ideas or opinions please let me know. One of the other things I want to avoid is having teams build up a large cash reserve and buy all the FA's in a particular year thus operating heavily in the red.

You could have a cash maximum. Anything above that cash max can only be used for stadium upgrades, etc...

As for operating consistently in the red... have a max # of years in which a team can lose money (or operate in the red). As bad as it sounds, maybe expelling that owner might have to be an option.

And the final option "could" be to have a salary cap, although I'm not in favor of that.

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43
      You could have a cash maximum. Anything above that cash max can only be used for stadium upgrades, etc...

As for operating consistently in the red... have a max # of years in which a team can lose money (or operate in the red). As bad as it sounds, maybe expelling that owner might have to be an option.

And the final option "could" be to have a salary cap, although I'm not in favor of that.
      I'm not going to institute a cap maximum unless there is a need for it. If owners use their extra cash to sign FA's and operate in the red, they will be penalized in some way, depending on the severity of the offense. Expelling will definitely be an option if it is a consistent problem.

Comment

Working...
      X