Pawtucket Preview (Pitchers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawtucket Preview (Pitchers)

This group takes a bit of ripping from the media, but by season end overall ranking was #3 in the hitting heavy DL. Midseason deals Aurillo, Guzman, Hill & Phillips change the face of this staff.

Rotation:

L- Aurillo. Latest scouting report shows Aurillo has regained some luster. We hope so. Some concern with a history of lefites getting waxed in our home staduim.

R- Gugierrez. Slow start last season, but came on strong with the rest of the team. Signed for almost half price so worth the chance.

R- Herrera. He doesnt go past the 5th inning basically, but to good of a year to ignore since he does a pretty dam good job.

R- Ocampo. Great first season. Expect him to be close to n#2 by year end.

R- Peterson. My manager wanted him in the #3 role. Ummm, no! Gritty players who plays above his ratings.

L- Guzman. After a quick minor league stint to get his confidence back, rocked final 2 months. Like Ocampo pretty young kid, he will be fine at #6

The 3 bulls in the pen:

Setup/ L-Caden
    Setup/ R-Gallo
    Closer/ R-Phillips

This group I believe is what helped Pawtucket finally make the playoffs. Caden / Phillips went super nova at the end of the year. Gallo will only improve.

The rest of the pen:

Evans L
    Sanchez R
    Pease R
    Griffin R

Expecting the call:

SP Vern Pearson
    SP/RP Waylon Morgan
    RP Lonnie Hooper

Really expecting Pearson & Morgan to provide some 2nd half impact once they straighten things out.

Summary: Its a solid group. Improved basically every month and helped push mighty Virginia to a 7th game. Bullpen is young and improving. Just keep the offense in the game!

Overal Summary:

Finances: No issues. Expecting on Arb case again in 93 & no free agents of much concern. Core group locked for awhile. Pawtucket is ready for the salary cap era!

Expected record is 93-69. Not a huge change. This is a very tough division and with all the trading an improved DL. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by funclown; 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM.
    PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
    DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
    Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
    Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Always blaming the media...
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

My favorite people. After Linty and I fight about trades we're going to square off in the government vs. media brawl!

Comment

Cops and Reporters: Getting Paid To Tell Us What We Did Wrong
        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
          Cops and Reporters: Getting Paid To Tell Us What We Did Wrong
          Just think, I do it for free.
          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
          Hall of Famers: 4
          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
          Stout Sluggers: 2
          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Working...
          X