***Updated Schedule***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Updated Schedule***

Sorry I wasn't able to make the Rule 5 last night. This has been an insanely busy week for me. The new schedule is:

Tuesday (9/11): Rule 5 Draft/1st Sim of FA. I will import before the Rule 5 so make sure to get those FA offers in your next export. The Rule 5 will be at 9pm ET.

Thursday (9/13): 2nd FA sim

Sunday (9/16): No Sim

Tuesday (9/18): 3rd sim of FA, resume normal schedule.

Free Agency:
    - First 5 FA sims will cover 5 days at a time in game.
    - After that, they'll cover 7 days at a time in game until we hit preseason (early February)
    - We'll then do 21 days at a time until the start of Spring Training.
    Last edited by Andrew; 10-02-2007, 09:05 AM.

Do we need to have space on our active rosters before the Rule V (in the last export before the Rule V) or can we make those roster changes afterward?

Comment

A couple of things:

I exported this morning. Will there be another opportunity to export my FA offers before Tuesday? Just want to be sure.

Second, I wont be home until a little after 9pm on Tuesday night. Can we wait until 9:15? Just FYI, i'm switching from third shift to first next week, so there'll be no more problems with my schedule for league stuff except for Wednesdays for school. If we cant wait until a little after 9, then i'll get you a list of guys I'm interested in.

Comment

just to answer the first question... you can export as many times as you want I believe... all it does is overwrite the file you sent to the FTP server.
        California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
        Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
        Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
        Porter Division Champions:
        1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
        , 2000
        Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85
          just to answer the first question... you can export as many times as you want I believe... all it does is overwrite the file you sent to the FTP server.
          That is correct.
          Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
            Do we need to have space on our active rosters before the Rule V (in the last export before the Rule V) or can we make those roster changes afterward?
            The rule we have used in the past is that you need space on your 40 man roster in order to make a pick in the Rule V draft but that you can make changes to your active roster subsequent to the draft. I suppose Andrew will provide the last word on this question when his wife allows him the time.

In that regard I'm a little worried, given the way things have been going, that she is not going to be any more reasonable than my wife is with respect to the priority the BLB must take over most family matters. For instance, after I have spent half the day (only) Sunday working on my export and negotiating trades she cannot understand why it is absolutely critical that I be home to review the evening Sim as soon as it is available and, therefore, we can't go out that evening. She absolutely refuses to listen to reason on issues like that one. We can only hope that Andrew's wife will be at least a little more understanding than mine has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman
              Originally posted by Spectre
              The rule we have used in the past is that you need space on your 40 man roster in order to make a pick in the Rule V draft but that you can make changes to your active roster subsequent to the draft. I suppose Andrew will provide the last word on this question when his wife allows him the time.

In that regard I'm a little worried, given the way things have been going, that she is not going to be any more reasonable than my wife is with respect to the priority the BLB must take over most family matters. For instance, after I have spent half the day (only) Sunday working on my export and negotiating trades she cannot understand why it is absolutely critical that I be home to review the evening Sim as soon as it is available and, therefore, we can't go out that evening. She absolutely refuses to listen to reason on issues like that one. We can only hope that Andrew's wife will be at least a little more understanding than mine has been.
              When will the ladies get it? My Fiance is always harping on me about this game. :roll:

Comment

Just so I am clear... our next export CAN have FA offers???
                The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay
                  Just so I am clear... our next export CAN have FA offers???
                  Yes you can make FA offers, and I believe Riverman is correct in saying you need room on your 40 man and active roster to select somebody in the Rule 5. I don't think the game lets you make a selection if there's no room for the player.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll take care of that in my next export.

Comment

Reminder, I'll be running the Rule 5 draft tonight in an AIM chatroom and tonight will be the first sim of FA.

Comment

what time and what's the chatroom name?

Can't wait! :D
                        California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                        Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                        Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                        Porter Division Champions:
                        1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                        , 2000
                        Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85
                          what time and what's the chatroom name?

Can't wait! :D
                          9 ET. Chatroom name will be brewers

Comment

Two questions:

-- How do we know if we exported? The export tracker is all read? Should we go again just to be safe?

-- At what point do we turn in Stadium Mods?
                            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I'll add another...

Is the bonuses/current money Excel file updated?
                              Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                              DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Working...
                              X