2010 Regular Season SIM 11 Complete - Next SIM Fri 02/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
    The bullpen only blew one game of the three.
    thought you blew both, but I can be mistaken.
    CAROLINA TOBS

Bock Division Champs - '99, '01, '10, '11, '12, '13

Brewmasters - '11

Comment

Originally posted by fsquid View Post
      My starter blew the second one.

sent from my mobile device
      Denver Bulls

Comment

I can believe this was let go...
        Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
        Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
        IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
        Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
        Last Call '08 (Manning)
        New Brew '08 (Pulido)
        Desert Legends
        #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

thank you Matt for running the sim.
          Seconded. Matt threw himself on the grenade this morning and ran the SIM off his normal schedule. Record time, too, considering the plate spinning associated with today's SIM.
          Philly Freedom
          Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
          Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
          Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
          IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
          Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by umd View Post
            I can believe this was let go...
            It was noted.
            PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
            Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
            DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
            Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
            Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Wait, who is blowing who?

Comment

Originally posted by BradZ View Post
                4-2 on our Ale road trip. We'll take it. Tough week for Todd Martin as he took both of the losses. In both games he wasn't terribly competitive. Hopefully he bounces back soon. His ERA ballooned to 3.06 after giving up 11ER in 9.1 IP this week. Gamboa and Goto are two veterans who just keep producing at a high rate early in the season. They work well together in our lineup. Shannon Roberts is quickly becoming one of my favorite bench bats we've employed in quite a while. The guy's a pro.
                He's legit. Loved him in his short time in DC.
                Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

I was really happy when he fell to me in that draft in HAR.
                  Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
                  Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
                  IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
                  Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
                  Last Call '08 (Manning)
                  New Brew '08 (Pulido)
                  Desert Legends
                  #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

2-1 vs. New York, 2-1 @ New Orleans. The New York series was crazy. Every game was decided in the 9th inning or in extras. New York might only be 32-37, but they are 1st in the Lager and have a solid squad.

Had even more infield injuries this week. With 2B Danny Romero still out, his backup, 2B Manny Saens bruised his finger and will be day-to-day for three days. Worse news was losing 3B Alex Otero to an oblique strain, he will miss a week. I'm going to have to continue to start long-time Bat 3B Victor Sandoval (.637 OPS) and SS Joel Montezuma (career BLB .640 OPS). At least they play good defense...

I love players with "very high" greed, especially when they are in a contract year. 3B/SS Antonio Cardenas has found his stroke again after his DL stint. He has an 11-game hitting streak going and in six games this week he hit five home runs and 14 RBI. Raising his season OPS from .833 to .899 in one week. This also happened to be the week that he sent me an email asking for that extension.

The Bats are now #1 in the IL in runs scored and despite a week in which the bullpen blew a game, the bullpen ERA drops to #4 in the IL. Combined with the #5 starter ERA and 5th ranked IL defense, the Bats are one game back of Philadelphia for the #1 IL seed. With the 4-2, Washington extends it's Stout lead to eight games.
                    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                      2-1 vs. New York, 2-1 @ New Orleans. The New York series was crazy. Every game was decided in the 9th inning or in extras. New York might only be 32-37, but they are 1st in the Lager and have a solid squad.

Had even more infield injuries this week. With 2B Danny Romero still out, his backup, 2B Manny Saens bruised his finger and will be day-to-day for three days. Worse news was losing 3B Alex Otero to an oblique strain, he will miss a week. I'm going to have to continue to start long-time Bat 3B Victor Sandoval (.637 OPS) and SS Joel Montezuma (career BLB .640 OPS). At least they play good defense...

I love players with "very high" greed, especially when they are in a contract year. 3B/SS Antonio Cardenas has found his stroke again after his DL stint. He has an 11-game hitting streak going and in six games this week he hit five home runs and 14 RBI. Raising his season OPS from .833 to .899 in one week. This also happened to be the week that he sent me an email asking for that extension.

The Bats are now #1 in the IL in runs scored and despite a week in which the bullpen blew a game, the bullpen ERA drops to #4 in the IL. Combined with the #5 starter ERA and 5th ranked IL defense, the Bats are one game back of Philadelphia for the #1 IL seed. With the 4-2, Washington extends it's Stout lead to eight games.
                      Great series Pat- I think my team is better than their record. With Burton/Simpson/Ortega, I think I have a solid core of pitchers. Miller and the other spot are still questions but Miller is outperforming expectations. There are a couple of guys on the squad that will hit better inevitably- Santana is bound to get hot at some point soon and I expect Medina to hit better.

Couple other points- Big Jon Gutierrez is starting to mash. I'm not sure what to do with him. Ian Reynolds comes off the DL.

Still feel pretty good about the team

Comment

Working...
                      X