X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLB Draft Utility

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/utilities/draft/

Introduction:
    I'm happy to announce that we have a new draft utility for use starting with the 1982 draft. Those of you in the OSFL will recognize it. I will add a link to the menu bar and post a link in this thread after the draft class is published.

The draft class will be published with tonight's sim. The actual draft will start on opening day. This should give people plenty of time to scout the draft class.

Pick Time Limits:

1st Round & Sandwich: 8 hours
    2nd Round & Sandwich: 4 hours
    Remaining Rounds: 2 hours

The draft clock runs between 8 am and 12 midnight ET.

If you go over your pick time, I will make a selection for you using the "Head Scout Recommend" option in the game. Please make use of the preference list to avoid going over the time.

Guide:
    - When you first visit the link you will be prompted for a username and password. Use your forum username and the generic password of 'password'. After entering this for the first time, you will be prompted to enter a new, permanent password for the utility. Do so, and use that password for the remainder of the draft. It will prompt you to enter this password every time you access the Draft Utility page.

If you are unable to login, please make sure the username you're using is exactly the same as it appears in the list at the bottom of this post. If you still have trouble, please notify me immediately so I can resolve the issue and you don't miss your pick.

Here is what the interface looks like:

Options:
    - Trading picks: If you trade draft pick(s) during the draft, do so by selecting the pick involved in the trade (checkboxes on the right), highlight the receiving team, and press the 'Trade pick(s)' button. ALL TRADES MUST BE ANNOUNCED IN THE TRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM AND CONFIRMED BEFORE TRADE IS MADE IN DRAFT UTILITY.
    - Email options: If you would like to receive email updates from the draft, check the check box, enter an email adress in the appropriate spot and select whether you want updates for every pick or only when you are on the clock. Press 'Update email preferences' to save your options.
    - Preference List: To build a preference list to enable automatic drafting, select a player and press 'Add to List'. Your selected player will now appear at the bottom of your list (lower window). To move players around in your list, highlight the entry you wish to move and press 'Up' or 'Down'. Press 'Remove' to delete the highlighted entry from your list.
    - Activate Auto-Drafting: To turn on your preference list for auto-drafting, select either 'On', 'Off' or 'Once' from the selection options and press 'Save Usage'. 'On' will activate your preference list for any and all remaining picks until your list is exhausted. 'Off' will turn auto-drafting off. 'Once' will instruct the utility to auto-draft for your next pick only, then the list will turn itself off. By checking the 'Don't pick the same position with consecutive picks' option and pressing 'Save Usage', you will instruct the utility to skip over any players in your list who play the same position as your last draft pick. An example of where this could be useful is if you want to select a 1B and 3B in your next two picks, but would like to build a list in the following manner:

1. 1B
    2. 1B
    3. 1B
    4. 1B
    5. 3B
    6. 1B
    7. 3B
    8. 3B

Without the option checked, you would risk selecting two 1B's with consecutive picks if both remain available. If checked, the utility would ensure that your two picks will yield a 1B and 3B, regardless of whether a 1B still remained at the top of your list.

- Make a Live pick: If your preference list is turned off and you want to manually make your pick, the middle selection of the utility will be visible and display a list of all available players left in the draft pool. To make your selection, highlight the player and press 'Confirm selection'.

Once you go to the draft utility link, you will also notice a menu on the left side of your browse. This contains links to the draft utility, a full listing of the draft order, a listing of picks by team and a listing of the draft class with some general information.

On the draft order list, you'll notice colors and a number next to each pick. This denotes the status of each owner's draft utility to give you a general idea of how much time you'll have before your next pick. The number is how many players the owner has in his autopick queue. The colors are Green = Autopick On, Yellow = Autopick Once, Red = Autopick Off.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Upon logging into the draft utility for the first time, please check the picks you have been assigned to make sure it matches what you think you have.

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

Usernames:

Code:
    Andrew
    BradleyB
    chippered
    Clay
    dieselboy
    HrfdWhale
    HungryB
    jistic
    JJLinn
    jmw1137
    LintyFresh85
    liquidcrash
    Mahoney2
    Riverman
    robster1225
    rubisco43
    Skerik
    Spectre
    Squint
    Sully
    TheLetterZ
    YankeePride
    Last edited by Andrew; 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM.

simply awesome Andrew!!!
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Great work as usual Andrew. Can't wait for the draft, I'll actually have a first round pick to work with this year.
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
        Great work as usual Andrew. Can't wait for the draft, I'll actually have a first round pick to work with this year.
        You'll notice when you login that 1.23 is listed under your team. This is your compensation pick for losing Tim Murcott. This pick cannot be traded.

The utility will automatically advance from 1.22 to 1.23 and after you pick, to 2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
          This is your compensation pick for losing Tim Murcott.
          I can't believe some chump payed that much for Murcott...
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            I can't believe some chump payed that much for Murcott...
            Go....drink something. Weak comeback... but I'll be laughing when he does good this year.
            California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
            Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
            Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
            Porter Division Champions:
            1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
            , 2000
            Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

BUMP. Link added to first post.

Comment

Brilliant work on the utility, Andrew.
                The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I had to reset the passwords so those of you who already changed it will need to login again with 'password' as your password and change it.

Comment

Ohh, very nice utility.
                    Denver Bulls

Comment

Are we trying to do any live drafting Sunday at 9?
                      The Great One!

Comment

Food for thought for a future enhancement to the Draft Utility... now... keep in mind... I'm not a tech guy, so I'm sure this is WAY more difficult than it sounds.

It would be pretty sweet if the Draft Utility and the Main Site were somehow linked so that the main site had like a box of some kind that said "On THe Clock: Team Name - Time Left to Pick XX:XX:XX" and it was like a running clock. Again... pie in the sky. Just was thinking that'd be cool.
                        The Great One!

Comment

This draft utility sucks! The guy I had ranked first....it passed on him, and it took my second ranked guy...which of course went the next pick.

BS! I'm not using this hunk of crap. What's the point?
                          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                          Hall of Famers: 4
                          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                          Stout Sluggers: 2
                          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic View Post
                            This draft utility sucks! The guy I had ranked first....it passed on him, and it took my second ranked guy...which of course went the next pick.

BS! I'm not using this hunk of crap. What's the point?
                            Really? Never seen it do that before in this or the OSFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                              Really? Never seen it do that before in this or the OSFL.
                              Me neither. But believe me it did. I checked this morning before I left for work, and sure enough my guy was there at number one. Come to work...and suprise, suprise, it took my second guy, and the guy I had first was picked after me.
                              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                              Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                              Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                              Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                              BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                              Hall of Famers: 4
                              Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                              Stout Sluggers: 2
                              New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                              You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Working...
                              X