• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Spring Training 2

Next Sim:
    - Sunday, 10/14. Opening day!

Reminders:
    - Please make sure to reduce your rosters to 25 men.
    - The next sim will cover 8 days in game. Make sure there is nobody on your DFA with less than 8 days remaining
    - The draft starts at 9 ET on Sunday night.

One more reminder...

Patch #3 comes out tomorrow so please upgrade before exporting for Sunday's sim! Let me know if you are unable to do so.

Comment

Quick question

So I had to waive and DFA 4 guys (because they were out of options). So now, those 4 guys are on 14 day irrevocable waivers. The next two sims will cover 8 and 7 days respectively. Those 4 guys will then have cleared (or have been claimed) by the 2nd sim. Their DFA time is 21 days.

Basically, so after the 2nd sim (15 days passed), I'll be able to move those guys (6 days left in DFA) onto a minor league squad, right?

Also, if they had 5 more days left in DFA and the sim covered 7 days, then Andrew's algorithm about handling players would come into play, right? I might be interpreting the rules incorrectly, but the fines only accrue if the DFA guys are at 0 days after a sim and we don't do anything.

Comment

Much better sim this time around. Went 7-3, to finish ST at 12-12.

Glad to come out of ST with no injuries, and my lineup figured out.
        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Yes, once they clear waivers you can put them on a minor league team. Not entirely sure about the next question, but I think if their DFA time expires at any time during the sim, you get fined. At least I believe thats how it works. If the DFA time expires, it stops the sim and Andrew has to deal with it.

As for my team, no one got injured, we had the best record in the Bock Division for Spring. So I'm happy. Can't wait for opening day!
          Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

As if losing my best player for 3 months last sim wasn't bad enough... now, to add insult to injury (no pun intended)...

Watching Danny Nelson getting helped off the field today at Colonial Park of Williamsburg, fans of the Virginia Colonials feared the worst. The news wasn't quite as bad as initially feared, but the center fielder will miss 2 weeks with a finger blister. "We feel we've dodged a bullet. When you see a guy break down like that, you worry right away," a team spokesman said. Nelson suffered the injury throwing the ball in the game against the Brawlers.
            Wow... my guy needed to be helped off the field because of a finger blister. That's just embarassing. I guess maybe if it was like an 87 pound blister, you might need a spotter or something...

Oh God... we're gonna find a way to lose 163 games.
            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

"When you see a guy break down like that, you worry right away."

LOL
              Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
              Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
              Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                Patch #3 comes out tomorrow so please upgrade before exporting for Sunday's sim! Let me know if you are unable to do so.
                Just bumping this for the couple people that have already exported.
                The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

yeah I should get the patch...
                  California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                  Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                  Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                  Porter Division Champions:
                  1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                  , 2000
                  Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
                    Yes, once they clear waivers you can put them on a minor league team. Not entirely sure about the next question, but I think if their DFA time expires at any time during the sim, you get fined. At least I believe thats how it works. If the DFA time expires, it stops the sim and Andrew has to deal with it.
                    That's correct. If the DFA time expires during the sim, you get fined. However, I'll make an exception due to the first sim being 8 days.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Andrew

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                      Just bumping this for the couple people that have already exported.
                      Bumping again since more people have exported.

Comment

Haydon hit .344 with 2 homers and 6 RBI in 10 games. I can't decide if I want to make him my Opening Day shortstop or move him back to AAA. He made it a pretty hard decision.

Comment

Working...
                        X