22 To Watch in '82 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
    Looks like my guy is the only one in the minors by looking at the pictures. That might change soon for Phan if he plays like he did in the first week of AAA, went 14/30(.467) and drove in 6.
    So, would you say he was indeed a person to watch in '82?
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I just want to point out how accurate Clay was with my team...

California Wildfire

Joe Viret (CF)

With all the off-season talk in California about the Wildfire’s free agent acquisitions of a couple of big name corner outfielders in Tim O’Fay and Tim Murcott and the shipping out of disgruntled All-Star Montez Dardon, the addition of Joe Viret (in the Dardon deal) flew deep under the radar. The 26 year old speedster will team with “The Tims” in what could prove to be a potent 1-2-3 punch. Some BLB insiders are concerned about California’s choice to add three left handed hitters at the top of their lineup when In-N-Out Field has been notoriously tough on lefties. Others think it’s players like Viret that could finally get the Wildfire burning in the Bock.

Viret so far this year made his first all-star team is hitting .300/.346/.454 with a VORP of 36.4 which is tops on my team. Joe has racked up 30 steals, 39 doubles, 8 triples, 52 rbi's, 72 runs, and a total of 53 extra base hits... all career highs.

Amazing work Clay.
      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
      Porter Division Champions:
      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
      , 2000
      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

He was off on my guy though. Zegarra ended up being a bum. .239/.308/.359, VORP of .9

Not an everyday player.

Comment

Well, you were right. The pitching will make or break my season, and unfortunately it broke it. The offense outside of McGee, Gremades, and Buzzell didn't help either. Drewery has been solid, but I expected a little more.

Comment

Working...
          X