• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 1

Next Sim:
    - Tuesday, 10/16.

Reminders:
    - We're now resuming our normal 7 day schedule.
    - The draft has started so remember to keep checking the draft utility.
    - The minor league seasons all start this week so make sure you have your lineups filled out.

Problems:
    - The schedule seems to be a little messed up with some series ending on Saturday, starting on Sunday, etc. Nothing we can do at this point though as I can only change it during the off-season.
    Last edited by Andrew; 10-14-2007, 09:20 PM.

Did we get a new image pack?
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
      Did we get a new image pack?
      Not yet. I'm updating the pictures now and will upload tonight. It takes quite a while though because this is a very large file.

Comment

Tied for first for now. We put together a few good weeks to start off last season too. We need to keep the wheels from falling off again.
        Maine Guides
        General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
        Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
        Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
        8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
        30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

4-3 week. Not a bad start, but we lost Danny Nelson for 2 weeks leaving me without my Top 2 offensive players already. Bill Johnson had a very "Old Bill Johnson" week... which we hadn't seen yet in Virginia (.444 - 2 2B - HR - 6 RBIs).

Just glad to be playing ball again.
          The Great One!

Comment

Good news
            -Despite a poor spring training, top hitting prospect R.A. Grounds is hitting .400 with a .981 OPS in 20 ABs.
            -No injuries

Bad news
            -Despite an amazing spring, Jorge Taracena is playing like trash.
            -Four losses.
            Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
            Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
            Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

My offense is an atrocity. It seems I'm destined to lose a lot of low scoring games this season.
              SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
              NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
              1998 BLB Champions
              2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
              Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Rough start

Dave Beard is out for the season with a torn biceps tendon, he was supposed to be my setup-man this year.

And holy smokes, my ballpark is death for hitters! I know Clay complained about Virginia, but take a look at my ballpark factors.
                Last edited by Spectre; 10-14-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post

And holy smokes, my ballpark is death for hitters! I know Clay complained about Virginia, but take a look at my ballpark factors.
                  Wow... that's rough. Very un-DL of you. On the plus side, you're pitchers should be happy.
                  The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                    Wow... that's rough. Very un-DL of you. On the plus side, you're pitchers should be happy.
                    It didn't stop Sin City for destroying my pitching, particularly my middle relief :)

I'm a small ball oriented guy and not a huge fan of the HR- it will take a few seasons for me to get the personnel that I want for my team but we'll see.

Comment

I can't complain about my team so far... We lead all of the BLB in SB's... we lead the IL in hits and second in avg. Plus we're 3-4 so that's awesome. Best news is attendance is up by 11 thousand a game! WOOT!

Bad news is Jake Fredrick my 20 year old, #2 prospect in the entire organization got bombed in his first big league start... he threw all of one inning.

And finally for the ugly... team has an era of 5.25.... that's awful!

But so far so good!
                      Last edited by Lintyfresh85; 10-14-2007, 10:03 PM.
                      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                      Porter Division Champions:
                      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                      , 2000
                      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Wow, 6-1... which is my best sim ever and I was pretty impressed with how my pitching performed and I can't say much about my hitting as it continues to stink.

Comment

Virginia Stat of the Week: Joe Samala (C) was run on 14 times -- He caught no one.
                          The Great One!

Comment

4-3 week for the defending champs. Won both series @ Washington and @ Windy City, so I can't really complain. My lineup produced really well, just didn't get the pitching in a couple games to make it hold up.

Vincent Nino is off to another fast start, IL Player of the Week. He had an amazing game against Windy City, 5-5, 2 HRs, 7 RBI, 3 Runs. Hopefully he keeps it up.
                            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

eesh, 2-5 week. bad hitting, bad pitching. gonna be a long season if Keppel doesn't make a full recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X