Draft Pool Questions/Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Pool Questions/Issue

Is it strange that some of the guys have a "HISTORY" that is obviously not accurate? Not all of them. In fact, not many. But some have a history of being drafted back 78.

Examples:
    Yoritoki Maeda
    Chet Reed
    Robby Shannon
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Addition -- Not only that... if you look at Chet Reed, it says he won the 1980 AAA Gold Glove at 2B... and if you look it up.... he did. Think we have a bug.
    The Great One!

Comment

Weird. My best guess is the game didn't delete the histories of those past players(I'm assuming they've retired/didn't make it the bigs), and created some of our new draft class with the same file names, giving them that history. Definitely looks like a bug.
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
        Weird. My best guess is the game didn't delete the histories of those past players(I'm assuming they've retired/didn't make it the bigs), and created some of our new draft class with the same file names, giving them that history. Definitely looks like a bug.
        I think that's exactly what's happening. The game deletes players who never make the majors and re-uses those player id's for newly created players. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen in my copy of the game and it doesn't appear in the html. Can one of you test something for me.

1. Delete all the files in brewers.lg/news/txt/players
        2. Re-download and unzip the latest league file (you'll have to do this manually)

Let me know if the issue still exists after you do so.

Either way, I logged this as a bug so hopefully will get fixed in the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
          I think that's exactly what's happening. The game deletes players who never make the majors and re-uses those player id's for newly created players. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen in my copy of the game and it doesn't appear in the html. Can one of you test something for me.

1. Delete all the files in brewers.lg/news/txt/players
          2. Re-download and unzip the latest league file (you'll have to do this manually)

Let me know if the issue still exists after you do so.

Either way, I logged this as a bug so hopefully will get fixed in the next version.
          I'd be willing to try it for you... but what will happen to my game? Will I lose all of my changes?
          The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
            I'd be willing to try it for you... but what will happen to my game? Will I lose all of my changes?
            Try this...
            in saved_games create a folder named test.lg. Download the new league file manually and unzip there. That way it won't affect your current game.

Comment

Trying now
              The Great One!

Comment

OK, that does get rid of the text history for that player... however, like in the Chet Reed example, if you go to the 1980 IL AAA Gold Wizard awards, it has Chet Reed as the winner and links to the undrafted guy's profile. Probably something unavoidable.
                The Great One!

Comment

Working...
                X