• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 3

Next Sim:
    - Sunday, 10/21

Reminders:
    - Install the patch BEFORE exporting for Sunday's sim.
    http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=156152

- Remember to keep checking the draft utility.

Less wins than both expansion teams... Virginia is cursed.
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Sin City is quickly running away with our division. But I get Keppel back, and he changes the complexion of my lineup, so hopefully more wins come my way.

Comment

Great sim for the Bats going 6-1, but I don't make any ground in the division when the Wildcats go 6-1 as well. Up to #3 in the Power Rankings, with Wilmington sitting at #1.
        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

1-5, we just don't beat Wilmington in the regular season, and then we dropped 2 to Philadelphia as well. Hate to say it, but the Tobs just aren't a good team this year.
          Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

My team is on the verge of its first sweep against Hartford!

And we also massively choked away the rubber game of the series against Indy with an absolute meltdown by Fuentes in the 9th. Such is the life of an expansion team.

On the bright side, I locked up Bill Shoffner through his arbitration years for a pretty cheap price :)

Comment

so I'm up to 6 wins now! Only 30 to go!

But seriously... my team is the second best hitting team in the IL, but the worst pitching staff in the IL as well...

Team leads all of the teams in the BLB in triples... must be the stadium I play in.

Help in the draft in pitching can't come soon enough.
              California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
              Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
              Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
              Porter Division Champions:
              1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
              , 2000
              Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

I feel like we're trading water. Our entire team is under performing except for McOwl and Hoover. But we're 10-10 so I think we're just surviving until our guys start to play to their abilities.
                WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                Hall of Famers: 4
                Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                Stout Sluggers: 2
                New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Nice 6-1 week. Joe Saltines leads BLB in RBI? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic View Post
                    I feel like we're trading water.
                    What are you trading it for? Hopefully beer.

Comment

A disaster at the BLB level but A and AA both ripped it up this week.

Comment

Back to Earth for the Slammers going 3-4. Rochester is doing exactly what I hoped by driving in runs and I'm pleasantly surprised by how well Henry Deer has started off. Couple guys in the minors are lighting it up as well.. Gonez and Laurence.

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
                          Hate to say it, but the Tobs just aren't a good team this year.

Isn't it a little early for such a conclusion? I thought you had just announced a week or two ago that the Tobs would be repeating this year but perhaps I misremember. It looks like trailing a team whose manager is missing in action and another in full rebuilding mode has taken the swagger out of the defending champs.

Comment

11-9 start instead of the expected 5-15 has resulted in some highlights worthy of note.

Li Niu hit walk off extra inning homers in back to back games; must be a rarity in the BLB or any other league for that matter.

Bullpen has been great led by Rule V pickup (from Windy City no less) Xever Garced - 13 innings, 5 hits, 5 walks, 2 earned runs. None of my scouts were particularly impressed by X Man but he was lights out in AAA last year so worth a shot. Perhaps he is just pumped to be in the Bigs after bouncing around in the minors for awhile and will return to earth soon.

Starters have been led by 42 year-old Jonathon Brinkworth who shows no signs he is ready for retirement - 3-0, 1.80 ERA.

Comment

Still holding on with the 11-9 start. I'm hoping the return of 2-time All-Star CF Joe Iliquez tonight after more than a year off can take my team to the next level.
                              Maine Guides
                              General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                              Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                              Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                              Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                              8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                              30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Working...
                              X