SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 5

Sorry. The sim was done last night, I just forgot to post the thread.

When trades are processed the game places them in random places. I think guys with major league contracts will be in your DFA. Guys with minor league contracts are usually assigned to A even if they were playing at a higher level before the trade. Just something to keep in mind when making trades.

Also, the Rule 5 doesn't work like it should. There is no easy way to send players back to their original team. In the case of last nights sim, I manually moved Joe Martyn to Hartford's AAA squad. He still has the flag that he's a Rule 5 pick and needs to be in the majors, so Hartford calls him up he won't be able to send him down.

Next Sim:

- Thursday, 10/25

Reminders:
    - Check out the WBC forum if you haven't already.
    - Remember to keep checking the draft utility.
    Last edited by Andrew; 10-24-2007, 11:19 AM.

game must be broken... I've had two winning sims in a row!
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

4-3, and I still gain a game. Yay.

Comment

Is there a problem with the HTML?
        WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
        Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
        Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
        Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
        BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
        Hall of Famers: 4
        Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
        Stout Sluggers: 2
        New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
        You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Yeah there is. And it's really ruining my morning of trying not to do work

Comment

html is back up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
              Sorry. The sim was done last night, I just forgot to post the thread.

When trades are processed the game places them in random places. I think guys with major league contracts will be in your DFA. Guys with minor league contracts are usually assigned to A even if they were playing at a higher level before the trade. Just something to keep in mind when making trades.

Also, the Rule 5 doesn't work like it should. There is no easy way to send players back to their original team. In the case of last nights sim, I manually moved Joe Martyn to Hartford's AAA squad. He still has the flag that he's a Rule 5 pick and needs to be in the majors, so Hartford calls him up he won't be able to send him down.

Next Sim:

- Tuesday, 10/25

Reminders:
              - Check out the WBC forum if you haven't already.
              - Remember to keep checking the draft utility.
              You mean Thursday, right? My week has been so hectic that it took my about four minutes of staring at the screen to figure out that it was a typo!
              BLB
              Los Alamos Amigos
              GM 1982-Present
              Brewmaster Champions - 1993
              Import League Champions - 1993
              Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by spot View Post
                You mean Thursday, right? My week has been so hectic that it took my about four minutes of staring at the screen to figure out that it was a typo!
                Yes. Tuesday.

j/k, Thursday

Comment

Your killing me! I didn't scroll down enough and I got confused again! I really am a bright guy, it's just a bit hectic right now!
                  BLB
                  Los Alamos Amigos
                  GM 1982-Present
                  Brewmaster Champions - 1993
                  Import League Champions - 1993
                  Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

surprised I made up ground on sin city despite losing two games to them

Comment

Originally posted by dkgojackets View Post
                      surprised I made up ground on sin city despite losing two games to them

unfortunately i had a losing sim, going 3-4... i'm just glad two of those wins were against you

i can't believe my pitching staff this year. i thought the addition of joyce would make us competitive, but 1st in the DL, i didn't except at all. my offense has been pretty much what i thought it would be. the addition of tato in the leadoff spot really got things rolling. he has been slumping a bit the last few games... might explain the losing sim...

Comment

i think i'm getting close to the time to bring up the young 'uns. I'll give it a couple more sims, but I'm K'ing FAR too much.

Comment

1 game under .500

Zoinks, my starting pitching (with the exception of Murry) has been atrocious too.

Comment

Definitely could have been better...the draft class can't come soon enough in A.

Comment

Not a bad sim. I'm 5-4 in may so far after winning a couple of series against Hartford and Hyundai. My starters are just shitty, but some of my expansion picks, mainly Serma, Rochs, and Finbow are tearing the cover off of the ball. And yeah, I could use some help in A Ball too.

Comment

Working...
                              X