BLB Debut Thread - 1982 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLB Debut Thread - 1982 Edition

Baseball America Prospect #53 - Eddie Just (OF) - will make his BLB Debut against Davenport on 5/24/82. The 22 year old should take over full-time LF duty until Joe Sargentini returns at which time he'll move to RF for Jim Coker.

Just was the 1981 IL AA Batter of the Year.
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

SP Saul "Down Home" Soriano will be making his BLB debut with Carolina this week. He'd been a top 60-70 prospect until he was inexplicably dropped from the rankings. Originally an afterthought pick in the 1979 draft (7th round), he's torn up the minors. Currently has a 9-3 record at AAA, with a 1.89 ERA and a 1.03 WHIP.

Soriano went 13-3, 1.96 ERA, 0.85 WHIP at AA last season.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

I knew Soriano would be getting the call after Ghaniy was dealt. Kid looks nasty...

Comment

He's been amazing in the minors. I've tried to be patient with him, but I think he's ready for the BLB. The move even has the blessing of the almighty Minor League System Report.

Interestingly, he might make his debut on his birthday, depending on how my rotation shakes out this week.
        Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Zoilo Lambarria - CL

He will be making his BLB debut this week, likely in a game against the Windy City Playboys. He was a 1979 First round pick. 1980 A All-Star, 1982 AAA All-Star. In AAA this season, Lambarria has a 2-1 record, 14 saves, 1.85 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 46 K, 14 BB, 39 IP. He was unhappy that he wasn't playing in the majors, and the almighty Minor League System Report says he is ready.

Lets find out.
          Last edited by Pat; 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM.
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Howard Haydon - SS

Baseball America's #7 prospect will make his Millers debut on July 12 against the Hartford Whalers. Haydon, 23, has had an impressive half year in AAA Allentown, hitting .291 with 4 home runs and 34 runs batted in. Howard also sports a .369 on-base percentage and a slugging percentage of .372.

Comment

I'm excited to see what Haydon can do. Former #1 overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                I'm excited to see what Haydon can do. Former #1 overall pick.
                Same. He hasn't quite developed the way I thought he would. He looked like a stud when drafted, but fought some injuries and hasn't exactly torn up the minors like you'd expect.

I'm curious to see how he pans out.

Comment

Well this is 4 or so sims late but Pasqual Gonzalez got called up for the first time. Taken in the 89th round of the inagural 1978 draft, he spent 3 years doing not a whole lot in single A and got promoted past AA straight to AAA due to roster limitations and wanting to get some kids a chance to play. Since being called up he's hitting a solid .279 with decent #'s and won rookie of the month last month.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2414.html

Comment

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...layer_979.html

Erasmo Rubancava

2nd rounder from 1981. Tore up the minors, 2 decent starts in the majors. Hopefully a fixture for my rotation.

Comment

Charlie O'Rogan the main cog in my trade with Wilmington will get two starts this week, with the first being game three against Windy City as we go for the sweep.

Also, Minoru Yamaguchi another pitcher I got in the trade will make his debut a few starts after O'Rogan as he fills in for Jeff Flynn who's down for a week with an injury.

O'Rogan is 24 and Yamaguchi is 23... The third kid I got in the deal is hurt right now, but he's a solid SP prospect in AAA and he's only 22!
                      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                      Porter Division Champions:
                      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                      , 2000
                      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Dave Balloun, who was going bonkers in AAA, gets the call to the big show. He was going nuts at AAA (.312 BA, 20 HR, 61 RBI, 40.7 VORP) and I'm interested to see how he does. He'll start of playing DH and I'm going to put Lamberts at 2B to make room for Balloun.

He was drafted from Windy City in the expansion draft (my 30th pick).

Dave Balloun's profile

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                          Dave Balloun, who was going bonkers in AAA, gets the call to the big show. He was going nuts at AAA (.312 BA, 20 HR, 61 RBI, 40.7 VORP) and I'm interested to see how he does. He'll start of playing DH and I'm going to put Lamberts at 2B to make room for Balloun.

He was drafted from Windy City in the expansion draft (my 30th pick).

Dave Balloun's profile
                          Injury-prone but what an outstanding Minor League career. Hope it translates for you.
                          The Great One!

Comment

SP Joe Rodriguez
                            http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2147.html

Joe has been on and off the BA Top 100 prospect list this year, usually in the 80-90 range. His history is pretty uncommon. He was a random FA signing for the Bats organization in 1979, didn't really get to pitch until 1980, and wasn't even a full-time SP until 1981. But since then his numbers have been great, and the injury to one of my starters, he deserves a shot.

Comment

Ed Cheatham (SS) will make his BLB Debut in tonight's SIM. Cheatem was a 12th Rounder in 1980 who has produced at all 3 stops in the minors. He's hitting .326 in AA & AAA combined this season. At 25, it was time to give him a chance to be the everyday SS in Virginia. I didn't have high expectations for him coming out of the 12th, so anything I get from him will be a bonus.

- Switch Hitter
                              - Good range
                              - Can find the gaps in the big ballpark in Virginia
                              The Great One!

Comment

Working...
                              X