Rookie surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie surprise

There's nowhere else for Al Jones to go from here but down, but check out the first two weeks of this guy's minor league career. He was taken in the 11th round.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2189.html

Small sample size but my 10th round reliever Victor Rodriguez has thrown in 4 games for 4.1 innings and only given up 1 hit.

6th rounder Artie Latham is hitting a solid .357 with an OPS of .902

Comment

This kid had another great week. Could it be possible I struck gold with him? He's batting .457 after 3 weeks in A ball. Jury's still out, but I like what I'm seeing.

Comment

Wow, 70 ABs in A-ball.

I'll start working on his HOF plaque.
        SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
        NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
        1998 BLB Champions
        2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
        Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Selective reading at its finest...douche.

Oh, how's Stafford and Kellum doing?

Comment

They're doing well, but I expect Kellum to be replaced soon by Joe Chavero. I know the game lists him as a starting pitcher, but he's 2-for-5 down at AAA Annapolis right now which has me thinking about converting him to 1B. I know it's a small sample size, but I think I really struck gold with him.
            SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
            NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
            1998 BLB Champions
            2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
            Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik View Post
              They're doing well, but I expect Kellum to be replaced soon by Joe Chavero. I know the game lists him as a starting pitcher, but he's 2-for-5 down at AAA Annapolis right now which has me thinking about converting him to 1B. I know it's a small sample size, but I think I really struck gold with him.
              THAT was funny!!
              The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

A sample size is all you would need to realize a player is much better than those two bums.

A .141 average for Stafford. Impressive. Lucky for you, he's only signed through '85 at 15 per.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                  This kid had another great week. Could it be possible I struck gold with him? He's batting .457 after 3 weeks in A ball. Jury's still out, but I like what I'm seeing.
                  I have a guy a lot like him who was chosen late in last year's draft.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_3336.html

He tore through A and AA ball last year and is doing OK in AAA this year but my scouts always have indicated that he has no potential to be any better than he was when I drafted him. I think it is a weakness in the game that too many players reach their potential in their early 20s.

Comment

Interesting.

You'd think your guy would see a significant potential increase at some point. My 1B, Dacio Zauola, tore up the minors for 3 or 4 years before he finally saw a boost in potential.

Comment

Owen Gilbertson, 1st pick in the 15th round last year... Kid had done nothing but tear up the minors. He started in AA last year and opened the year there as well. hit .331 in 350 at bats... now he's in AAA and he's hitting .328. Doesn't have any power, or speed, but all he does is hit. I guess these guys are all around in the draft. I'll be interested to see what type of future this guy will have.
                      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                      Porter Division Champions:
                      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                      , 2000
                      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                        There's nowhere else for Al Jones to go from here but down, but check out the first two weeks of this guy's minor league career. He was taken in the 11th round.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2189.html
                        He turns 21 next week and according to my scouts, has already maxed out at 4 contact. He probably shouldn't be playing at A ball.
                        Maine Guides
                        General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                        Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                        Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                        Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                        8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                        30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Well Milo Davis, #5 pick in Round 2 seems to be the first prospect to die this season.

3 starts and a huge ratings drop already.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_3410.html
                          Last edited by mahoney2; 11-13-2007, 08:40 AM.

Comment

While he was my 1st round pick, Manny Hernandez has been a surprise. Currently riding a streak of 15 scoreless innings to start out his career.

Comment

Originally posted by mahoney2 View Post
                              Well Milo Davis, #5 pick in Round 2 seems to be the first prospect to die this season.

3 starts and a huge ratings drop already.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_3410.html

Thing is, his numbers aren't horrible. Although I suppose that is just how the game works... Plus, it's not like there haven't been plenty of Ben McDonalds and Kevin Maas's in real life, so I think OOTP does pretty well with the hidden gems and early round bust.
                              California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                              Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                              Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                              Porter Division Champions:
                              1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                              , 2000
                              Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X