• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 17

Next Sim:
    - Sunday, 11/25 (probably late)

Reminders:

- The trade deadline has passed.
    - Remember to double check any trades you made.
    - Most traded players will be on your DFA so you will need to move them before their DFA time expires. They are on an off DFA schedule because I needed to process trades in the middle of a week before the game clicked over to Aug 1.

Thanksgiving Schedule:
    - No sim on Thursday 11/22.

well the sun is really setting on the Wildfire this year...

But good news, Charlie O'Rogan who I picked up in a trade with Wilmington just got a potential increase!

I think that trade may work for me after all!
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

6-1 sim. very nice. my young starters are doing real well. my young hitters.. are not. I'm really excited about next year!

oh, and i'm not able to download the newest league file. what's up with that?

Comment

Terrible sim, but Ed Munce had as strong a month as he has had in a few years

I'm retooling my lineup for the rest of the season. Matt Bender, an expansion draft pick who was out until now with a fractured skull, will play 2B for me. Dave Balloun hit 3 jacks in his first 50 AB and will keep a starting position.

Ed Colville will make his first start for me next sim- I finally got him and I hope it wasn't for too much of a price. I love the guy.

Comment

6-1, back on the right track. Just had to dump a crappy player to dieselboy at the trade deadline.

Comment

2-5, shitty sim. Bob Clapp had a nice debut week though.

Also, here's a hilarious stat:

In 215 AB's this year, Arturo Arrigon has only 3 walks. Not only does he have just 3 walks, but he hasn't gotten one since April. His .279 average is respectable, but his .284 OBP is not.

Comment

6-1, cutting the Stout lead down to just four games.

I don't think I made enough moves to stick with Wilmington the rest of the way, but atleast the Bats have given the fans something to watch in the standings. Hopefully my trade provides my offense with a spark.

Speaking of which...anyone notice that Carolina has crept back up to just one game behind Windy City? With the injuries to the Playboys, I think the defending champion has been awoken.
              Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
              Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
              Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

GREAT weeks for Bill Johnson (.519), Danny Nelson (.393) and Eddie Just (.367)... but we still couldn't do much damage. Although, we should be on Carolina's Christmas Card List for taking 2 of 3 from Windy City.

Eddie Just also won his 2nd straight IL Rookie of the Month. He was the main reason I moved Coker. He's making the move look good.

P.S. We still suck!
                The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

5-2 despite (you guessed it!) two more injuries! My pitching has fallen slightly since the beginning of the season, but my offense just keeps killing the ball. DL playoff preview next sim as I square off with Maine.

Looks like the IL is going to make things interesting in Aug/Sept after all.

Comment

We surrender! Congrats to the Tobs....

LF Vittorio Samarano fractured ribs 3 weeks Not on DL
                    2B Herb LeFebre strained hamstring muscle 3-4 weeks Not on DL
                    C Jared Kirby fractured ankle 8 months 53 day(s) left (60-day DL)
                    RF Jou Onomoto pinched nerve (neck) 2 months On DL, eligible for return (60-day DL)
                    3B Rodger Gallegos dislocated shoulder 4 months On DL, eligible for return (60-day DL)
                    WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                    Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                    Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                    Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                    BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                    Hall of Famers: 4
                    Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                    Stout Sluggers: 2
                    New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                    You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic View Post
                      We surrender! Congrats to the Tobs....

LF Vittorio Samarano fractured ribs 3 weeks Not on DL
                      2B Herb LeFebre strained hamstring muscle 3-4 weeks Not on DL
                      C Jared Kirby fractured ankle 8 months 53 day(s) left (60-day DL)
                      RF Jou Onomoto pinched nerve (neck) 2 months On DL, eligible for return (60-day DL)
                      3B Rodger Gallegos dislocated shoulder 4 months On DL, eligible for return (60-day DL)
                      That's just insane. Not only has the injury bug hit you hard, but its going after your best players.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                        That's just insane. Not only has the injury bug hit you hard, but its going after your best players.
                        Yep. 4 Starters, and a 5th who was gonna have heavy playing time. My big 3 pitchers are holding this ship afloat, but we just can't keep the hole in the dyke plugged much longer.

Add to that we lose Samarano at the end of the year, doesn't look too good.
                        WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                        Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

I had my first major injury of the season during this sim. We'll be without star 1B Eddie O'Fallon for 7 weeks, but expect him back in time for the playoffs. Stupid day-to-day injuries struck again.

07-29-1982Injured (sprained ankle), day-to-day for 6 days.
                          07-30-1982Injured (fractured hand), out for 7 weeks.

Comment

7-0 sim. Very nice. I have no idea where this team came from, but we're really hot right now, winning 8 in a row and 13 of 14. It won't last, Windy City has nothing to worry about.
                            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
                              7-0 sim. Very nice. I have no idea where this team came from, but we're really hot right now, winning 8 in a row and 13 of 14. It won't last, Windy City has nothing to worry about.
                              Have you seen our lineup? We're playing guys that would barely start in AAA. Don't worry, you should have this by 10 games come September. Glavine, Maddux, and Smoltz can only do so much!
                              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS

Comment

Working...
                              X