Prospects on the Fast Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospects on the Fast Track?

Anyone else have some prospects that just seem to fly through the minors.

I drafted Kyoden Kubota and Kenichi Sato in the 1981 draft (1st and 3rd rounds, respectively)

I just promoted Kubota to AAA after he tore it up in AA. He's only 19 years old but he's pissed because his expected role is "playing in majors". I have pretty solid catching at the BLB level but at this rate I'm not sure I can keep Kubota down. The crazy thing is he won't turn 20 until mid-season next year.

Sato is a little bit older, but has dominated the minor leagues as well. He's hitting .300 with 31 HR's and 110 RBI's in 162 games (between all 3 levels). I'm tempted to call him up with O'Fallon getting hurt, but don't have the room on my 40 man roster right now.

If both these guys continue there's a very good chance that Beacham and O'Fallon are both on the trading block during the off-season.

I drafted Newlin in the first round last year. He made his Freedom debut earlier this season and has played pretty well. With the Rochs' acquisition, however, he'll move to AAA to continue his development.
    Maine Guides
    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

I have a 12th Rounder from '80 that is blowing through my minors right now and should be up by September. He's been a steal for a 12th Rounder and I really like him. He is older though.

Ed Cheatem
      The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

what do you guys use to promote your players with? I heard that you shouldn't go by stats as much as you should go by ratings... thoughts?
        California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
        Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
        Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
        Porter Division Champions:
        1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
        , 2000
        Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
          what do you guys use to promote your players with? I heard that you shouldn't go by stats as much as you should go by ratings... thoughts?
          I generally look at ratings unless a guy has prolonged success at a particular level. With Kubota and Sato their stats and ratings were both high so it was really a no brainer.

I don't think there's any one "right" way to do it but I would rely on ratings more than stats. I think sample size comes into play if you look at the stats too much since you're often making a decision on less than a full seasons worth of at bats or IP.

Comment

No, there isn't a single prospect in my system that is worth mentioning. Most of them atrophy at A level and are never heard from again.
            Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

John Gorrie blew through the minors for me, and I think Jeff Franklin of Baltimore did the same. Didn't he make his BLB debut at 19?

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
                No, there isn't a single prospect in my system that is worth mentioning. Most of them atrophy at A level and are never heard from again.
                I'd hate to see how depressing your post would be if you actually had a team that was bad.
                California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                Porter Division Champions:
                1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                , 2000
                Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Erasmo Rubancava
                  http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...layer_979.html

Dan Hoskin
                  http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_3377.html

Both were drafted in the 1981 draft (2.19 and 4.16 respectively). Both blazed through the minors and are playing in the majors already. I'm really looking forward to next year with them and Brad Taylor (only 24) and Dan Jones (only 26), I should have a quality young staff that'll last me a few years. Now if only my hitting would develop.

Comment

Haydon was drafted in '80 and arrived in Pittsburg only 2 years later.

Comment

Working...
                    X