• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 19

Next Sim:
    - Thursday, 11/29

Reminders:

- Remember to use the waiver rules in cases where you want to make a waiver wire trade.

6-1

After a terrible July, we're 12-2 in August. Lead still at 8.

Tough break for Sin City.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
      Tough break for Sin City.

JESUS FUCKIN' CHRIST!!!

Comment

Injury bug hurt Indy and Cali each losing a nice player for nearly a year.

The BLB talent that I traded away has been a mixed bag for their new homes. MacAdie and Samala both got hurt.... Quinterro has been awful in the DL (which I suspected based on how many dingers he gave up in the IL).... but Coker and Pyrmont have shown power in Pittsburgh (which I suspected with the move to the DL).

Bill Johnson continues to have a really nice season at the plate. Old man is a gamer.

Our lead on Dallas for the #1 pick grew. I'm trying to win.... I just hit a week againt the Stout and I get chewed up.
        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
          Injury bug hurt Indy and Cali each losing a nice player for nearly a year.
          You're telling me. Losing Walkup who has been my most consistant pitcher this year, for basically all of next year really hurts.

But a 3-4 sim puts the Wildfire back in the right frame of mind... thankfully Charlie O'Rogan hasn't been a bust giving me 4 out of 5 quality starts so far. With Walkup out, I've got to hope some of my other young pitching can step up and be as productive as O'Rogan.

Offense wise we've been struggling and it shows... also doesn't help that my outfielders all seem to take turns getting hurt for a few weeks. I'm going to make a few changes this week and I'm interested to see how they take.

Also a couple of the guys I've gotten in the trade (mainly young pitching) have all had increases in their potential since joining the Wildfire.

Otherwise can't really complain.
          Last edited by Lintyfresh85; 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM.
          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
          Porter Division Champions:
          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
          , 2000
          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Gosh, I wish Granada was healthy all season.

2-0, 4 games, 9 IP, 2 hits, 0 Earned Runs (1 Unearned)

That's what I want from my relievers.
            Denver Bulls

Comment

6-1 but I don't gain any ground.

I lost starting SS Mark MacAdie for the rest of the season, my starting catcher Keita Uchiyama for 2 weeks, and my starting RF Xalbador Medine day-to-day for 5 days.

Also, Joe Rodriguez, the starting pitcher I called up to fill in for my injured #5, got rocked. Two starts, 4.2 innings, 15.43 ERA, 2.36 WHIP. Amazingly enough, my offense bailed him out in both games, scoring 10 in one, and 17 in the other. Might have to go to the 4-Man rotation until Tessai MacArthur comes back...
              Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
              Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
              Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

My BLB team is right now completely injury free.

My minor league system on the other hand has at most 8 healthy pitchers on each team, which will only lead to more injuries as they get tired.

I may not win the division with each minor league team anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dkgojackets View Post
                  My BLB team is right now completely injury free.
                  Kiss of death! God speed!
                  The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

With this sim we've now won 4 more games than I did all of last season! Hooray beer!

Comment

Terrible week. That just about kills our playoff chances, but that's no reason to call it a season just yet.
                      Maine Guides
                      General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                      Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                      Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                      Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                      8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                      30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by TheLetterZ View Post
                        Terrible week. That just about kills our playoff chances, but that's no reason to call it a season just yet.
                        At least Ohio Valley is still over .500, I don't have a team in either league that's even near that mark.
                        California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                        Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                        Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                        Porter Division Champions:
                        1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                        , 2000
                        Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Kelly Carpenter has been fantastic for me, surprisingly. He's 1-1 with a 2.38 ERA in 3 starts..here are his lines:

6.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 7 K
                          8 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
                          8.1 IP, H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 7 K

His no-hitter was broken up with 1 out in the top of the 9th inning.

Comment

Yikes, that injury to Serma kinda sucks. He was really tappering off here the last couple of months, but to not have him for most of next season is gonna hurt.

On a good note, my #1 pick this year Joaquin Gonzalez finally got his first win after 12 starts, so thats nice.

Also, two of the guys I traded for are doing pretty well. SS Merrill Wallace is tearing it up in AAA, hitting .367/.391/.450 since joining Ft. Wayne and RHP Ralph Dingwall has done well for Indy, with a 1.13 ERA, one win, and one save in 8 innings of relief work.

Comment

Working...
                            X