Question about resigning players...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about resigning players...

So we know some of the guys in this league can't resign players on their team as it says the team doesn't have the money to do so.... I'm one of those guys. I was wondering is there a period in the off-season when I'm going to have a chance to resign my guys before free agency begins? I'd love to give extensions out, and I clearly have the money to do so, yet the game won't let me... I'm not asking for special treatment or anything, just want to know if I'll have a shot to get these guys back before they hit the open market and their value goes up?
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

There is a stretch of offseason prior to the filing of FA. I think your new budget will be decided by then, so you may have the owners consent at that point.
    BLB
    Los Alamos Amigos
    GM 1982-Present
    Brewmaster Champions - 1993
    Import League Champions - 1993
    Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I was trying to re-sign a reliever to a contract just under $1,000,000 a year and was told I didn't have enough money. I wish they would fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post
        Yeah, this is ridiculous. I was trying to re-sign a reliever to a contract just under $1,000,000 a year and was told I didn't have enough money. I wish they would fix this.
        That's how it is for pretty much every player that goes to Free Agency for me every year. Winning doesn't seem to better things either.
        WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
        Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
        Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
        Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
        BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
        Hall of Famers: 4
        Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
        Stout Sluggers: 2
        New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
        You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Andrew has been doing it manually for me when I send him a PM for the specifics on the player and terms. I'm not sure if he wants to do this full scale for everyone who has a problem, but it might be the only way. This way it overrides the "not enough money" aspect and makes the deal as it would normally.

Comment

Seems to me that doing it full scale is the only option. If one team can't ever resign players and another team is circumventing the game then it could be seen as an issue. I think all or nothing are the options.

$.02
            BLB
            Los Alamos Amigos
            GM 1982-Present

Comment

It seems weird that is only affecting some owners. I offered a ton of FA contracts, none of which were accepted and I have absolutely no issue with extension (besides the fact that certain players don't want to play for me). Just doesn't seem like a bug if it's only happening to some teams - seems intentional in design.
              Last edited by Clay; 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM.
              The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                IT seems weird that is only affecting some owners. I offered a ton of FA contracts, none of which were accepted and I have absolutely not issue with extension (besides the fact that certain players don't want to play for me). Just doesn't seem like a bug if it's only happening to some teams - seems intentional in design.
                Well it's been said that it might have to do with arbitration eligible players being taken into account for the budget. I traded Elliott, and now I have something like 7m to go and resign people, which is probably a bit less than he would have actually gotten, but more than he was currently making. So I think there might be some truth to that. I don't think it really has to do with making offers and having them still show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
                  So we know some of the guys in this league can't resign players on their team as it says the team doesn't have the money to do so.... I'm one of those guys. I was wondering is there a period in the off-season when I'm going to have a chance to resign my guys before free agency begins? I'd love to give extensions out, and I clearly have the money to do so, yet the game won't let me... I'm not asking for special treatment or anything, just want to know if I'll have a shot to get these guys back before they hit the open market and their value goes up?
                  Do you mean that the game is telling you that you don't have budget money available to resign players or that you have the money but the owner refuses to allow you to spend it? In my opinion the latter is a bug but the former just means all of your budgeted money for next year contracts has already been used. If you are having the latter problem, I suggest you post it on the company tech support board and see what they say.

Comment

I'll manually offer the contracts for people who are having this issue. I think we covered this when Squint was experiencing the problem, but a lot of the new guys probably didn't realize it.

This might be a symptom of a much larger problem where the game is reverting to the defaults on certain options. It may be giving the theoretical owner control of your budgets, even though we have it set not to.

Comment

I think it has to be a bug. I do not have $20 million in arbitration cases next year yet my owner will not approve a deal. See attachment.
                      Attached Files
                      BLB
                      Los Alamos Amigos
                      GM 1982-Present

Comment

I think he just hates you then. :)
                        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

<--- <--- <---
                          <--- <--- <---

That's probably why I am always pissed off! ;)

<--- <--- <---
                          <--- <--- <---
                          BLB
                          Los Alamos Amigos
                          GM 1982-Present

Comment

Working...
                          X