• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 20

Next Sim:
    - Tuesday, 12/4

Reminders:

- No sim on Sunday.

Campoveroe goes down again...two more weeks. Luckily, our lead has increased to 10. With 35 to play, I like our chances.

Comment

6-1 sim. Just looking towards next year. Man, I need some hitting and depth.

Comment

I knew Quinterro wouldn't be that good in the DL but I at least thought he'd be better than Urrego. This guy sucks.

I guess it shows how much weaker the IL lineups are.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
          I knew Quinterro wouldn't be that good in the DL but I at least thought he'd be better than Urrego. This guy sucks.

I guess it shows how much weaker the IL lineups are.
          I was surprised you made that deal. My scouts had him rated poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
            I was surprised you made that deal. My scouts had him rated poorly.
            Samala was the big piece of the trade for me. My scouts had Quinterro as being adequate (better than Urrego, at least). Not sure how this guy won 11 games for Virginia.

Comment

IL pitchers don't translate as well to the wiffle ball DL league.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                Minor League pitchers don't translate as well to the Major Leagues
                Fixed.

Comment

Well, season over. Congrats Windy City.
                  Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Well, season over. Congrats Wilmington.

10 games back...35 to go...and only one series left against Wilmington...If I can get the lead down to something like 8 this next sim....I host Wilmington in Washington the following week, and if I could sweep, and maybe cut that lead for 4ish.....It would definitely make the last few weeks interesting....But I'm sure that is just wishful thinking.
                    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Not a great sim. Lost Dunlop for pretty much the rest of the season. Funny thing is I'm actually not too disappointed. I'm interested to see if Bob Legge can replace him for next season. He hit .208 in 23 games last year, but who knows if he'll be any better this year.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2070.html

Comment

I had my first legit injury in a couple of months. Lost Eddie Just for 2 months. So, he finishes his Rookie run at .280 and a solid contribution. I hope the injuries aren't going to be a big issue for him (he had some in the minors).

Another really nice week for Bill Johnson. I'm sure he'll pick up his Player option. I'm kinda of middle of the road about it. I I wish there were advantages to having Vets on a young team.
                        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post
                          Well, season over. Congrats Windy City.
                          Believe me, it's not over. At least we get Samarano back this week. Hollow has played well in limited duty though in his first weeks as a major leaguer.
                          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                          Hall of Famers: 4
                          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                          Stout Sluggers: 2
                          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Just want to chime in on the record to say I'm still trying, the only thing I'm not doing is rushing to get my prospects up to the BLB level. I have a few who might be ready but since we suck this year I've been letting them get some more time in the minors so they hopefully mature a bit more before next season.

Being #1 on the BA prospects list and probably having the #1 or #2 pick next year, I'm hoping this is our last year in the cellar.
                            Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                            DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

2-4 sim. the downward spiral begins. i might make the playoffs, but without tato, i'm not sure i have a chance to win. thank god i get shinamius back in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X