X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 21

Next Sim:
    - Thursday, 12/6

2-5 this sim. The Boyd experiment didn't go so well... I think I'll put him back down to AAA to let him finish out the year.
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

I'll take that SIM.

And seriously, is this guy a closer or what? First full season and he's been ridiculous. R-O-L-A-I-D-S.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2674.html

Comment

6-1, gain one game in the Stout. Nine games back, with 28 left to play. I am going to have to sweep Wilmington this week to even have a chance.
        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Do players in game know when it's a contract year? Tandy is playing lights out looking for a big contract in the off-season. I bet someone way overpays for him.
          Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
          DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Well looks like Ed Munce might have regained his form. Hopefully he keeps it up through next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HrfdWhale View Post
              I'll take that SIM.

And seriously, is this guy a closer or what? First full season and he's been ridiculous. R-O-L-A-I-D-S.
              you've been saving that one for a while haven't you??

Comment

of all the things that i thought might drive me to want to quit playing ootp, i never thought the injury report would be one of them.... my backup backup backup OF just got a 2 week injury.

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyB View Post
                  of all the things that i thought might drive me to want to quit playing ootp, i never thought the injury report would be one of them.... my backup backup backup OF just got a 2 week injury.
                  Whatever, you have an 11 game lead. Be happy.
                  California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                  Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                  Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                  Porter Division Champions:
                  1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                  , 2000
                  Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

One thing you could try as a last resort before quiting is filling out your depth charts for your outfielders. I don't think it would take any longer to do this than to write your tri-weekly post complaining about all the injuries.

I noticed that Sato had no backup when he was hurt and Sherlock had been starting everyday for quite awhile. I know the designer of the game has stated that tired players are more likely to be injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman View Post
                      One thing you could try as a last resort before quiting is filling out your depth charts for your outfielders. I don't think it would take any longer to do this than to write your tri-weekly post complaining about all the injuries.

I noticed that Sato had no backup when he was hurt and Sherlock had been starting everyday for quite awhile. I know the designer of the game has stated that tired players are more likely to be injured.
                      Sato did have a backup....right up until Shinamius got injured and that backup had to become a starter. I would have brought up a replacement, except I was already calling up an IF to deal with other injuries. There is only so much room on the roster, and I can't keep sending guys with 1-2 week injuries to the DL, especially since the guys I call up from AAA will most likely have to clear waivers to be sent back down. And I always fill out my depth charts, sometimes I just don't have the players to put in. Mostly I hope I can make it a couple weeks until someone gets healthy/comes off the DL and then I can get depth back, but usually another injury hits before that happens. I guess I can stop "complaining" about injuries...and I have no real intention of quitting...but considering I have been fielding a losing team since we started this little league, I'm getting incredibly annoyed that the playoff run that I've been working 3 seasons to set up is going to be royally fucked by injuries. And yes, I have an 11 game lead. But it was 15 games just 2 sims ago, so, no, I won't be happy about that either.

Edit - by the way, Sherlock has played 13 games since I called him up. if that counts as "quit a while" he should retire from baseball.
                      Last edited by BradleyB; 12-05-2007, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Sato did have a backup....right up until Shinamius got injured and that backup had to become a starter. I would have brought up a replacement, except I was already calling up an IF to deal with other injuries. There is only so much room on the roster, and I can't keep sending guys with 1-2 week injuries to the DL, especially since the guys I call up from AAA will most likely have to clear waivers to be sent back down. And I always fill out my depth charts, sometimes I just don't have the players to put in. Mostly I hope I can make it a couple weeks until someone gets healthy/comes off the DL and then I can get depth back, but usually another injury hits before that happens. I guess I can stop "complaining" about injuries...and I have no real intention of quitting...but considering I have been fielding a losing team since we started this little league, I'm getting incredibly annoyed that the playoff run that I've been working 3 seasons to set up is going to be royally fucked by injuries. And yes, I have an 11 game lead. But it was 15 games just 2 sims ago, so, no, I won't be happy about that either.

Edit - by the way, Sherlock has played 13 games since I called him up. if that counts as "quit a while" he should retire from baseball.
                        I don't think the way the game works with fatigue is all that great but it is what it is. Most players in the game will be fatigued after having played 10 straight days (at least)like Sherlock had.

Also, my personal preference would have been to risk losing a marginal player to waivers rather than start one of my key guys everyday like you did with Sato and thus increase the risk of losing him to injury.

I understand that resting players reduces the possibility of injury and if I were you I'd start by resting the two starting outfielders you have left who, by the way, are now listed as "totally exhausted".

Good luck for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I usually like to see the new kid on the block do well.

Comment

No offense, but that actually made me LOL!

Not a bad sim. We won our first four games, only to lose the last three, two of them by one run.

My guys were really on this week too. My rookies that I brought up a couple of sims ago are really tearing it up. They should play key roles next year, I hope.

Comment

Losing sim, but Carpenter continues to pitch very well for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X