Noticed a potential stat problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed a potential stat problem...

I was looking through my last sim results, and I noticed something with the box scores. When looking at them, I saw that the game would sometimes not add a home run to the player's totals. For example, look at the underlined stuff:

Now, I thought that maybe it was just a bug with the utility, but then I went into the player pages. It doesn't give them the total, either.

Buzzell: http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...layer_451.html
    Gremades: http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_2198.html

I went through the game logs for each player...

Buzzell is given credit for 28 HR, he has hit 30.
    Gremades is given credit for 26 HR, he has hit 33.

It's not a big deal, but it could possibly skew MVP voting or something, and I don't know how they let the game come out with something like that.

EDIT: Also, notice Grant Lewis' save total never goes up.
    Last edited by JJLinn; 12-05-2007, 04:04 PM.

Wow, that's a pretty big bug, and something I've never noticed before. Lets hope it can be fixed.
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Another bug? Doesn't surprise me...

I've noticed this before, but I just thought the number in parentheses was the player's current total after that week.

Comment

The HR totals are correct. If you look through the box score Buzzell has 28 HR's and Gremades has 26. Buzzell hit 2 in spring training while Gremades hit 7, which accounts for the difference.

There might be a bug in the html box score displaying the wrong HR total, but the underlying numbers and the totals are correct.

Comment

<------ idiot.

Comment

Also when I look at the linescores in my copy of the game, it shows Buzzell with 25 HR on the 24th and Buzzell with 27 on the 26th. The HTML on the website is also correct. Must be something going on with your copy of the game.

Comment

Working...
            X