X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 22

Next Sim:
    - Sunday, 12/9

I really hope Jeff Franklin's light win total of 14 doesn't hurt him when the time comes to vote for awards, because nobody in the league has pitched better this season. I continue to be amazed that this kid's only 21.
    SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
    NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
    1998 BLB Champions
    2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
    Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Gremades and Buzzell had a HORRIBLE week. I think Gremades' Stout Slugger chances are decreasing by the game.

Comment

Bittersweet week.

-- Jimmy O'Laughlin went 2-0... his first back-to-back wins of the season. SAD!
        -- Greenham woke back up and hit .542 this sim including 8 doubles
        -- Nelson is still playing better
        -- Cheatem had his first decent week

But, Bill "Sabertooth" Johnson got hurt and that should just about do it for the season. He'll get in the last 3 games, but it has been an incredible season for the old bastard considering the garbage he's playing with.
        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Bring out the rally sticks.
          Denver Bulls

Comment

And boy did I miss out by having Arrendondo in the pen all this time. Career bullpen pitcher, I gave him a start noticing his endurance and pitch quality and he hasn't disappointed.

Since becoming a starter he's 2-0 in 8 starts with a 2.25 ERA. I found my 4th starter. Now I just need one of the kids in either Erwood, Makungu, or Xing Tsu to finish it off next year.
            Denver Bulls

Comment

Season....over....
              Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
              Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
              Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Ed Colville is hopefully going to be at the top of my rotation for years to come. He's off to a solid start with my squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                  Ed Colville is hopefully going to be at the top of my rotation for years to come. He's off to a solid start with my squad.
                  Yeah, he definitely has done well for you thus far...

Had I known that you had a soft spot for him prior to the trade I would have tries to take advantage of it. As it is I am still pleased with the trade pending future returns.
                  BLB
                  Los Alamos Amigos
                  GM 1982-Present
                  Brewmaster Champions - 1993
                  Import League Champions - 1993
                  Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

All my kids are hitting all of a sudden. Just trying to hold on here. Let's hope they keep it up!
                    WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                    Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                    Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                    Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                    BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                    Hall of Famers: 4
                    Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                    Stout Sluggers: 2
                    New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                    You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

I guess the Joe Samala at 1B experiment is over. 8 errors in 17 games wasn't exactly what I hoped for. Oh well, I guess he'll do DH duty for now and Soleano will head to the bench. The bright side is that I actually have a bench now as opposed to before the trade deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                        I guess the Joe Samala at 1B experiment is over. 8 errors in 17 games wasn't exactly what I hoped for. Oh well, I guess he'll do DH duty for now and Soleano will head to the bench. The bright side is that I actually have a bench now as opposed to before the trade deadline.
                        You got back to back STELLAR outings from Leonardo Quinterro. I miss him.
                        The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                          You got back to back STELLAR outings from Leonardo Quinterro. I miss him.
                          Forgot to mention that Samala's morale has gone up quite a bit since joining the Guides and he's willing to re-sign for pretty cheap. Looks like this trade might not be a total bust for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                            Forgot to mention that Samala's morale has gone up quite a bit since joining the Guides and he's willing to re-sign for pretty cheap. Looks like this trade might not be a total bust for me.
                            Don't know if it will be as good for me... but my scouts absolutely LOVE Damián Calderon. My #1 scout just finished his look at Single A and has him top of the class. We'll see. Samala and Quinterro weren't coming back... so it's worth the flyer.
                            The Great One!

Comment

Working...
                            X