• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 23

Next Sim:
    - Thursday, 12/13

Notes:
    - The season ends during the middle of a week. I'll be stopping the sim after the season ends in order to give people a chance to adjust their rosters before the playoffs.

All teams must have their active rosters down to 25 before the playoffs can start.

It's official. Woo! Time to choke in the playoffs...again.

Comment

3-3 sim. Can't complain. I'm pretty excited about my young pitching so far. Also some of the guys I have been taking a look at as platoon guys next year have started to step up so that helps.
      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
      Porter Division Champions:
      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
      , 2000
      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

2-4, now back 4 games with 9 to play. Going to have to win them all to even have a chance.

What a boring year for playoff races.

On a positive note, Parongao hasn't had a non-quality start since May 7th, I believe that's 24 consecutive for him.
        Last edited by liquidcrash; 12-11-2007, 10:45 PM.
        Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Abe is very close to getting his ERA back under 4. He's been lights out in September (2.31 ERA in 23+ innings).

Comment

Magic number is 6. Two more injuries this week, this time to the pitching staff, fortunately they're minor.

LaVergne did respectable hitting .286, and Broadbridge is on fire. Tough week coming up.
            WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
            Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
            Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
            Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
            BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
            Hall of Famers: 4
            Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
            Stout Sluggers: 2
            New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
            You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

A 5-1 sim! Tardif gets the only loss however... I am looking forward to getting a full season with this team.
              BLB
              Los Alamos Amigos
              GM 1982-Present
              Brewmaster Champions - 1993
              Import League Champions - 1993
              Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

Damn. Good season Sully.

My pythagorean record is 100-53, best in the BLB. My actual record is, 91-62, negative nine, worst in the BLB.

Oh, and also, my Triple-A club blew a 1-0 lead, and lost the championship to Maine's affiliate. Damn.
                Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Congrats to the clinchers!

Only drama left.... watch me blow the #1 pick in the last 10 games of the season.
                  The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Another great sim, Pawtucket has now won 9 of it's last 12. Stiver is blowing up lately, he's hitting .411 in Setember with 8 homeruns, battling with Lumar for 2nd place in the HR chace.

Pedro Eires is 4 HRs behind the BLB record which he set last year, with 8 to play I don't think he's going to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                      Next Sim:
                      - Thursday, 12/13

Notes:
                      - The season ends during the middle of a week. I'll be stopping the sim after the season ends in order to give people a chance to adjust their rosters before the playoffs.

All teams must have their active rosters down to 25 before the playoffs can start.
                      So the last sim will finish the rest of the season?
                      WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                      Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                      Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                      Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                      BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                      Hall of Famers: 4
                      Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                      Stout Sluggers: 2
                      New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                      You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic View Post
                        So the last sim will finish the rest of the season?
                        Sunday's sim will finish the regular season but it will only cover a few days in game since the season ends on a Wednesday in game. Next Tuesday will be round 1 and next thursday will be the championship.

I'll do AIM chatrooms for both playoff rounds and potentially the gamecast for game 7's. The gamecast will be a 1/2 inning at a time instead of every at bat like I did during the all star game.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                          Sunday's sim will finish the regular season but it will only cover a few days in game since the season ends on a Wednesday in game. Next Tuesday will be round 1 and next thursday will be the championship.

I'll do AIM chatrooms for both playoff rounds and potentially the gamecast for game 7's. The gamecast will be a 1/2 inning at a time instead of every at bat like I did during the all star game.
                          Wouldn't it make sense to finish the season on Thursday if WC has clinched by the Sunday before the last day of the season?

Comment

No, it wouldn't make sense. Some playoff teams, myself included, plan on using that last 3 day sim to tweak their pitching staff to set their rotation up for the playoffs.

Comment

Ah, congrats to Sin City. You were a formidable opponent but I'll be back next year!
                              Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
                              X