Arbitration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbitration Question

So when does a player go from being arbitration eligible in the off-season, to being essentially a free-agent? Is it once they reach five years major league service time?

I forget.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    So when does a player go from being arbitration eligible in the off-season, to being essentially a free-agent? Is it once they reach five years major league service time?

I forget.
    3 years at 280,000
    3 years of arbitration
    Eligible for free agency after that

Comment

Interesting...

Because I have two players who are said to be, "arbitration eligible in the off-season", but when I go to my player salaries page, it doesn't show them as having "arbitration" or a salary for 1983.

Both say on their player pages, "Eligible, but possibly free agent after season!"

Comment

Interesting...

Because I have two players who are said to be, "arbitration eligible in the off-season", but when I go to my player salaries page, it doesn't show them as having "arbitration" or a salary for 1983.

Both say on their player pages, "Eligible, but possibly free agent after season!"
        Who are they?

Comment

Interesting...

If they pass the 6 year mark during the season they'll be a free agent. Service time accumulates from opening day until the end of the regular season. 172 days = 1 year.

Comment

Carl Pateshall SP
            Gary Lipincott OF

Comment

Carl Pateshall SP
              Gary Lipincott OF
              Looks like both were 2nd year players when the league began. Not everyone was a rookie. So, they were actually in their second year at 280,000, and this past offseason was their last arbitration-eligible year.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                If they pass the 6 year mark during the season they'll be a free agent. Service time accumulates from opening day until the end of the regular season. 172 days = 1 year.
                Both of my guys service times are at 5 years....neither will reach the 6 year mark this year...

So, I'm good? Why aren't they showing up as "arbitration" on the player salaries page? Is this something that doesn't show up once they hit 5 years?

Comment

Why aren't they showing up as "arbitration" on the player salaries page? I
                  Because the game isn't smart enough to realize that it's impossible for them to reach FA this season.

Comment

I may be wrong. Looking at Lippincott's history, he's only had 2 contract raises from arbitration.

Pateshall signed a 4 year deal with this prior team, which negates being eligible for arbitration.

Comment

Because the game isn't smart enough to realize that it's impossible for them to reach FA this season.
                      Woo!

Had me really nervous for a bit. Thought I was going to lose a SP and my leadoff hitter.

Wait...so Pateshall isn't eligible?

Comment

I think Pateshall will be a FA. He signed a 4 year deal with Los Alamos back in 78.

Comment

Woo!

Had me really nervous for a bit. Thought I was going to lose a SP and my leadoff hitter.

Wait...so Pateshall isn't eligible?
                          No, I don't think he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                            I think Pateshall will be a FA. He signed a 4 year deal with Los Alamos back in 78.
                            I think technically you're right (in real life) but not quite sure how the game handles this. Usually people don't re-sign players during their first 4 years so this never comes up.

Diesel, you might just want to re-sign him to be safe.

Comment

Is there anyway I can find out? Or you could?

His re-signing number is going to be big in comparison to his arb number. And I am a bit strapped for cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X