SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Regular Season 24

Last sim of the regular season on Sunday.

Next Sim:

- Sunday, 12/16

so close to the end of the season. finish off the playoffs and get ready for next season!

Comment

Rosters cut down for this sim? Or is it for the playoffs sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
        Rosters cut down for this sim? Or is it for the playoffs sim?
        Playoffs. So Tuesday's sim. Unlike in previous versions, patch 3 forces every team to cut down to 25 before I can start the playoffs.

Comment

69 wins... 30 more than last year for the Wildfire... First time in 3 years we'll avoid 100 losses as well.

Baby steps.
          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
          Porter Division Champions:
          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
          , 2000
          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Good year for a lot of you. Washington's on my heels, and will probably take it next year. I'll be losing a couple guys that I'd love to keep, but can't afford to. Philly's heading in the right direction. Syracuse, too. Los Alamos is a sleeping giant. California had a great year. Davenport is stockpiling some great young talent.

I'll be in budget hell after next season, and will likely have to blow it up. The expansion draft gives me a little hope of losing some big contracts, though.

Virginia will still suck.

Comment

So I say to myself.... you should really shut Oyos down... he hit 200 inning last sim.... nothing else to prove on this team. Shut him down.

So I don't.... of course... because it would have made too much sense....

And... of course....

Thursday, September 23rd, 1982: Virginia's Oyos Injured
              "I'm frustrated right now," said Virginia starting pitcher Delmar Oyos. "I can't help this team by sitting on the bench or in the training room." Unfortunately for the Colonials, that's where he will be spending the next 7-8 months. Oyos suffered a ruptured bicep tendon into today's game against Carolina while throwing a pitch. "Believe me," he said, "I won't be out a day longer than I have to be."

I HATE THIS FARGING GAME!!!!!

PS - In my final home series, I drew less than 12,000 fans TOTAL for the 3-games.

Nobody asked me to join when Denver was available.... or Los Alamos.... no... Hey Clay.... wanna take over Virginia!?!??!

Sure....

Douche.
              Last edited by Clay; 12-13-2007, 11:24 PM.
              The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

You still pretty much ended my season by somehow beating me 2 of 3. I hate my team.
                Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Andrew, I have a guy that will be important for me to get off the DL in 5 days if I clinch. Will I be able to put him on my roster? Or will the playoffs start during the next sim?
                  WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                  Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                  Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                  Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                  BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                  Hall of Famers: 4
                  Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                  Stout Sluggers: 2
                  New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                  You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Gremades has had a poor (for his standards) month of September. I really hope this doesn't carry over to next season...starting to worry me a bit.

Comment

Clay is hilarious

I liked how my season ended. Ricardo Mojera was fantastic once I put him back into the rotation. His strong performance gives me three guys who will definitely be in the rotation with Colville and Murray. The last two spots are up for grabs: Cashan was medicore and could be a #5 and Shoffner was pretty bad. I got a few guys at AAA that will make a push for the rotation in the Spring.

Offensively, I'm pleased Munce rebounded big in the 2nd half. Lamberts is slipping and won't be featured as much. Benigno Ramos had a fantastic rookie season and will be in discussions for best rookie in BLB. Bartolome Noa had a fine first campaign as well. Lucero Iaizarry will be back at catcher next season. Dave Balloun will challenge for a RF spot with a solid rookie season. Jose Gailan had a very productive season.

Despite this, if I can make my team better I will. This season was a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                        Good year for a lot of you. Washington's on my heels, and will probably take it next year. I'll be losing a couple guys that I'd love to keep, but can't afford to. Philly's heading in the right direction. Syracuse, too. Los Alamos is a sleeping giant. California had a great year. Davenport is stockpiling some great young talent.

I'll be in budget hell after next season, and will likely have to blow it up. The expansion draft gives me a little hope of losing some big contracts, though.

Virginia will still suck.
                        Great season Sully. I really think you have the best team in the league. Funny thing is, I think mine is the second best.

You had better not choke in the playoffs though.
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic View Post
                          Andrew, I have a guy that will be important for me to get off the DL in 5 days if I clinch. Will I be able to put him on my roster? Or will the playoffs start during the next sim?
                          Just send me a PM that contains:
                          - Who you want to send down
                          - Where you want him placed in your depth chart and lineups

I'll make the transaction during the next sim if he isn't eligible after this one.

Comment

Wow, that was an interesting sim. We sweep Maine in three and then proceed to get swept by Hartford. Actually, Hartford put the smack down on us, outscoring us 30-6. Yikes!!

Comment

Working...
                            X