Anyone not able to play SP OOTP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone not able to play SP OOTP?

I've been trying and trying for months now to get into a SP game of OOTP or FOF, but these leagues have ruined me to SP mode. I just can't get into the game without other human managers to go up against.

What about you guys?
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

I tried one to get used to everything before starting in the league but just couldnt get into it.

OOTP8 though lets you use real MLB teams and players, so I started one with Florida and it has been fun.

Comment

As improved as the AI is in this version nothing beats playing against humans. I spend so much time running this league and working on new utilities and stuff that I don't have much time for single player.

Comment

I have a hard time playing any game single player. I prefer to play against other people. If it's a FPS with a campaign mode I usually play it online with a friend.
        Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
        DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137 View Post
          I have a hard time playing any game single player. I prefer to play against other people. If it's a FPS with a campaign mode I usually play it online with a friend.
          See that's where I'm different, take a game like NCAA Football for example, I can play dynasty alone for hours on end, I hate playing against people in console sports games for some reason.
          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
          Porter Division Champions:
          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
          , 2000
          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

I play single player. But I like the setup time. Like I put together the concept... import graphics... stuff like that.... then once I get going... I get burned and start a new one.
            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
              I play single player. But I like the setup time. Like I put together the concept... import graphics... stuff like that.... then once I get going... I get burned and start a new one.
              LOL, i'm the same way. I start a league and then after a few seasons, I think of a new "awesome" idea, so I quit to start that, rinse/repeat.

But yeah, I was a solo player exclusively before I joined this league, and now I have no desire whatsoever to start a new solo league. Not as a team owner anyway. I may start a commish league just to watch history go by. I enjoy watching stats build up and then watch to see if anyone will approach them.

Comment

We've had pretty long layoffs between both of the last two seasons and I've played a solo league during those periods. I had one game that was quite memorable.

It was the 7th game of the league championship series and my fourth outfielder was in the game. He had something like 4 home runs in 500 plus career ABs to that point. He ties the game with a solo HR in the bottom of the ninth, then ties it again with a solo shot in the bottom of the 11th. Finally in the bottom of the 14th he walks with the bases loaded to send us on to the World Series.

Comment

I haven't played it recently, but I've got a single player game that's been running about 20 seasons or so now. I'm one of the big market teams in that league, so it's a nice change of pace.
                  Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

I just recently started one up controlling the Kansas City Royals. Wanted to control a young team with a mid-market budget.

Still going through the process of setting up my entire minor league system before I move on to Spring Training.
                    Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
                    X