• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradleyB View Post
    Added to 40 man roster:
    1B P. Cloutier
    CL F. Licol
    SP A. Littlechild
    You have got to be kidding me!!?!?!?!

Why do people keep taking the guys I want the most?!?!
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Added SP Noboru Satoh to my 40 man roster.

Comment

I'll be adding Tavira to my 40-man.
        SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
        NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
        1998 BLB Champions
        2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
        Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
          You have got to be kidding me!!?!?!?!

Why do people keep taking the guys I want the most?!?!
          ummm. i didn't take him. he's MY player. i'm just protecting him. if you really want him though....we can discuss a trade

Comment

'BLB' AIM chat? I think I'm going to stay for this.
            Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
            Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
            Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              'BLB' AIM chat? I think I'm going to stay for this.
              yeah. 'blb'. it's already up.

Comment

Maine protected:

Joe O'Rafferty
                Jose Arenivar
                John Radley
                Joe Naruacento

Comment

It has been my understanding that players are eligible for the Rule V Draft if they have 3 to 6 years of professional service time unless they were under 18 at the time they originally signed in which case they are Rule V eligible between years 4 and 7.

I guess that is not the case since the following player was chosen.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...player_52.html

Does anyone understand what the rules for Rule V eligibility actually are?

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman View Post
                    It has been my understanding that players are eligible for the Rule V Draft if they have 3 to 6 years of professional service time unless they were under 18 at the time they originally signed in which case they are Rule V eligible between years 4 and 7.

I guess that is not the case since the following player was chosen.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...player_52.html

Does anyone understand what the rules for Rule V eligibility actually are?
                    OR if he was 19 or older when he first signed a pro contract and this is the third Rule 5 draft since he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                      OR if he was 19 or older when he first signed a pro contract and this is the third Rule 5 draft since he signed.
                      But I still don't understand how a guy with 8 years of pro service could be eligible. I thought everyone stopped being eligible after 6 or 7 years of pro service depending on how old they were when first signed.

Maybe it relates to the fact that he was on the 40-man roster for awhile but I never understood that to be part of the rule.

Comment

Not sure, I just guess it's a way to keep teams from stockpiling talent in their farm system, and keeping them from getting a shot elsewhere. I just know that if they're older 18 when they sign, you can only keep them in your minors for 3 years before they become Rule V eligible.

Comment

There apparently doesn't seem to be a rule against any player being drafted that isn't protected.

The rules all seem to specify which players can not be drafted. Not much protection otherwise.

The basic rules state:

Major league teams must protect players on their 40-man rosters within three or four years of their original signing. Those left unprotected are available to other teams as Rule 5 picks.

Players who were 18 or younger on June 5 preceding the signing of their first contract must be protected after four minor league seasons. Players 19 and older must be protected after three seasons.

Nothing about restrictions on when a player can be removed from eligibility.
                          Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride View Post
                            There apparently doesn't seem to be a rule against any player being drafted that isn't protected.

The rules all seem to specify which players can not be drafted. Not much protection otherwise.

The basic rules state:

Major league teams must protect players on their 40-man rosters within three or four years of their original signing. Those left unprotected are available to other teams as Rule 5 picks.

Players who were 18 or younger on June 5 preceding the signing of their first contract must be protected after four minor league seasons. Players 19 and older must be protected after three seasons.

Nothing about restrictions on when a player can be removed from eligibility.
                            OK, thanks. I guess I must have been dreaming when I read that players were only exposed to the Rule 5 Draft for three years.

Is it a bad sign when your dreams are about OOTP roster rules?

Comment

OK, thanks. I guess I must have been dreaming when I read that players were only exposed to the Rule 5 Draft for three years.

Yes :)

Comment

Rules yes, rosters no.

Comment

Working...
                                X