• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1982 - Free Agency 2

Next Sim:
    Thursday, Jan. 3

Notes:
    - I'll post a WBC league file by noon tomorrow. First exports are due Thursday.

<!-- / message -->

is it a bad sign when free agents dont even respond to me?

Comment

I had one that hasn't responded yet. I offered him a nice deal too, so I"m not sure what the deal is.

Pawtucket signed its first FA, closer Inocente Degadillo for $1.6mm. He's 41 and had a down year last year, but he's still better than my options last year and hopefully will provide some depth.

Comment

well, i guess the FA's i'm going after are all going to sign with other teams. they didn't outright reject my offers, so i can't even make a counter offer... oh well, back to drafts and looking for minor league gems :(

Comment

I heard back after sim 1 (when it was during winter meetings) but didn't hear anything after sim 2. There was an in-game message that mentioned winter meetings ending and we won't get immediate feedback on our offers. So, I'm guessing after the next sim we'll hear back from more people.
          Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
          DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Yeah, it was like that last year too. Heard back right away in the early sims... but later on it sometimes took 2 sims.

It would be fun to do FAs live. Get it all done in a day.
            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I think there's also an artificial mechanism that kicks in when there's only 1 team bidding for a player so they don't sign right away.

Comment

I heard back from all the guys I offered. None of them are the big-names since I don't have much money to spend, but hopefully I'll pick up a couple guys who can help me.
                Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Grr at free agents trying to get more money out of me.

I won't mention any names but this dude wants a minor league deal. I offer it. Comes back and says he got a better offer and wants more money. So I offer that.

He signs with the other team for, yea you got it, a freaking minor league deal!

Grr at Free Agents!
                  Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
                  X