Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on '82?

(we had one of these last years)

What are your thoughts on 1982? This is your place to reflect on how your team did, what you were expecting from this season, trades made, season wrap-ups, etc.

This was a great year for the Washington Bats. We finished with a franchise-record 97 wins, good for third in all of the BLB. If I was in any other division in the league, the Bats would of reached their first ever post-season.

Both of the big trades I made worked out in 1982. Mark MacAdie was acquired from Virginia and was playing his best baseball of his career before going down in August with a torn calf muscle. Jorge Taracena was acquired from Sin City and actually had one of his better seasons as a pro.

The league as a whole is better than ever. Have we ever had a year this good in terms of owners staying put? Denver, Los Lunas, Los Almos, and the expansion teams, all had new owners this season, and they all stayed put. Right? We now are starting on our first WBC. Etc.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

My thoughts really reflect the league as a whole.

I am extremely impressed with the activity in this league. The amount of talking on the boards. The attention made to possible changes, new rules, ideas. I always feel like I'm one owner of many that has a sense of power in the league. We have a voice and it's nice. It also adds an interesting dynamic when you have small market owners asking for new ways to improve the system. Almost feels like a Senate with a bit of HoR in there because of the inbalance in markets.

I had no true expectations for Denver. I realized they made the post season last year and had their best season ever. I didn't expect them to win 90 games this season especially after the slow start. But I got comfortable with the guys on the team and found a nice mix that ended up working for them late into the season, though, we came up short.

All in all, I had a lot of fun and I'm sure I will continue to have fun.
    Denver Bulls

Comment

My pitching sucked and my offense (sans Gremades, Buzzell, and McGee) regressed. Not to mention my best pitching prospect went from top 30 to dud in a matter of 3 months.

Comment

We suck.

We'll suck this year.

Thank you.
        The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I hated 1982, and I'll hate 1983 more.
          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
          Hall of Famers: 4
          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
          Stout Sluggers: 2
          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Decent season, record wise I did far better than I imagined.

My pitching staff picked up the pace as the season progressed except for Shoffner, who looks absolutely horrible right now. He's on a short leash and may go to the pen.

Offensively, my team is looking solid but not great right now. Ramos did excellent in his rookie year and I think Ed Munce has turned it around and has his career on the right track after a dreadful 1981 and first half of 1982.

It was a nice, stable season in terms of ownership. That's always good :)

Comment

Nothing good... but at least we finished ahead of Pawtucket

Comment

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I loved it!
                California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                Porter Division Champions:
                1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                , 2000
                Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

We kicked ass, and took names.

Comment

P.S. This season will suck just as bad. Just not as interesting when we're not playing any interleague games.
                    The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                      P.S. This season will suck just as bad. Just not as interesting when we're not playing any interleague games.
                      Yeah it's a bit of a grind.
                      WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                      Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                      Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                      Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                      BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                      Hall of Famers: 4
                      Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                      Stout Sluggers: 2
                      New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                      You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Not saying it's not fun and enjoyable all in all... I just have completely lost any connection to the DL this season having no reason to really follow it.
                        The Great One!

Comment

I agree that having no interleague play sucks.

Comment

I think I can fix the schedule this year. I just realized it last year until it was too late to fix.

Glad you guys found something to complain about though.

Comment

That's what we're here for.
                              The Great One!

Comment

Working...
                              X