SIM COMPLETE - 1978 LCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1978 LCS

Congrats to Los Lunas and Windy City for their decisive victories.

Syracuse - I had to demote some of your players because you had more than 25 on the active roster. You may want to check to see if I sent down the guys you wanted.

thanks. It's going to be an interesting series.

Good luck to Windy City, may the best team win!
    Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Hopefully the championship is more exciting than those series, congrats to all those who made the playoffs, and especially Windy City and Los Lunas.
      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Yeah, those series were definetely one way.

Comment

I was stunned to see that we swept. Here's to a great series, best of luck Los Lunas! The pitching has been solid as usual. But I must say it's very satisfying to pick up a guy like Dan Toler to have a big bat off the bench to pinch hit in the post season, and then he makes me look like a genius, comes off the bench and hit's a 3 Run bomb to win game 3.

We had contributions from unlikely heroes that series, Lucas, Janinian, and Toler. Baltimore did good job shutting down our big guns but the little guys stepped up and the pitching was it's usual.
          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
          Hall of Famers: 4
          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
          Stout Sluggers: 2
          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

How are the rotations looking? I know Gugierrez pitched the last game against me, and I think McEvoy pitched the last game vs Baltimore. Windy City has the benefit of an extra day off though. I imagine MacOwl will start Game 1 since he hasn't pitched since Wednesday.

Having those two aces is key. We could've used another top line starter after Corrigan. In retrospect, I wish I had him lined up to pitch on 3 days rest.

Will you be around Thursday night Jistic if I do another chat?

Comment

What time? Yeah McEvoy was used for game four. Would've liked him for game 1, but he'll still be available for 2 starts. Theodore's been heating up at the end of the year so I think we'll be good for pitching. That's usually not our problem. I would like to see Samarano, Serma, and fricking Arce especially heat it up a little bit.
              WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
              Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
              Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
              Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
              BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
              Hall of Famers: 4
              Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
              Stout Sluggers: 2
              New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
              You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic
                What time? Yeah McEvoy was used for game four. Would've liked him for game 1, but he'll still be available for 2 starts. Theodore's been heating up at the end of the year so I think we'll be good for pitching. That's usually not our problem. I would like to see Samarano, Serma, and fricking Arce especially heat it up a little bit.
                Probably between 9-10 ET

Comment

Gugs wont be available for the first game, and maybe not the second game, and that could be a problem.

But, we'll see, if he can go in game 2, he will. I have confidence in the other 3 pitchers i'm putting out there. Donato Guardamagni didn't pitch in the last series, and he's itching to put his stuff out there.

We need a big series from Sergio Lumar, and if the rest of our bats keep hitting like they did, we should be set. One change has been made in the lineup, but we wont reveal that at this time.

I hope it's a great epic series to crown the first BLB champ!

Comment

Working...
                  X