Vista Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Issues

I can't seem to get anything to work properly on Vista. OOTP doesn't "see" my brewers.lg folder, ie: it doesn't show up as one of the leagues to load. Any help anybody?

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
    - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
    - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
    - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Originally posted by elprez98 View Post
    I can't seem to get anything to work properly on Vista. OOTP doesn't "see" my brewers.lg folder, ie: it doesn't show up as one of the leagues to load. Any help anybody?
    Check your OOTP Preferences on the main screen to see where it's looking for the data folder. brewers.lg should be located under data\saved_games\

Comment

Its there but the program isn't displaying it as a choice.

- Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16

Comment

Its there but the program isn't displaying it as a choice.
        Hopefully somebody else that uses Vista can help out here. I'm not sure why the league wouldn't display if the files are in the right place and the brewers.lg folder is named correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
          Hopefully somebody else that uses Vista can help out here. I'm not sure why the league wouldn't display if the files are in the right place and the brewers.lg folder is named correctly.
          I found the problem. I have two instances of OOTP installed on the hard drive. Wow.

Comment

Ok I didn't find the problem. Here's the question. From what I've read on the internet, Vista is "tricking" OOTP into "thinking" that its writing its files on under Program Files. But its really in some virtual storage under my name(ie: why I see it in two places). How do I get around this?

Comment

The only issue/fix I've seen is that you need to be running OOTP as an admin. In the OOTP preferences you can set the path that saved games go to. I would suggest trying an easy to locate place (desktop) and try putting the brewers.lg folder there. Sorry I'm no help, I've used Vista exactly once and am primarily a Mac user.
              BLB
              Los Alamos Amigos
              GM 1982-Present
              Brewmaster Champions - 1993
              Import League Champions - 1993
              Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

I thought you just had to put the files into the Virtual Storage folders. I have Vista on my PC, and I thought it created a directory in My Documents. I'll try to check later on. I usually just use my laptop, which doesn't run Vista.

Don't use the directory in Program Files. Try putting the league file into the other one.

Comment

Even on XP it seems my CPU gets all the information from the "My Documents" folder.

Vista sounds like a hassle to run though.
                  California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                  Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                  Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                  Porter Division Champions:
                  1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                  , 2000
                  Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                    I thought you just had to put the files into the Virtual Storage folders. I have Vista on my PC, and I thought it created a directory in My Documents. I'll try to check later on. I usually just use my laptop, which doesn't run Vista.

Don't use the directory in Program Files. Try putting the league file into the other one.
                    Yea that's what i had to do. Boy, now I know I'm getting old when computers start to run circles around me.

Comment

Yea that's what i had to do. Boy, now I know I'm getting old when computers start to run circles around me.
                      Easily confused, elderly owners... that's the kind of new blood we like here in the BLB.
                      The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I'd like to hear how Vista runs with the newly released SP1
                        Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225 View Post
                          I'd like to hear how Vista runs with the newly released SP1
                          It's actually helped out a lot of the performance issues, but it still isn't perfect. The next version of Windows will actually be more of an upgrade of XP than anything, which most would prefer. See, who says Microsoft employees can't be honest??

Comment

Working...
                          X