Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1983 - Regular Season 19

Next Sim: Sunday, 3/23

We went 2-4 and lost Tomas Cirlos and Matt Rogers to injuries. Great.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Question about minor league playoffs... is there any off time between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs? Or do I need to start setting up my rotations now?
      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
      Porter Division Champions:
      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
      , 2000
      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
        Question about minor league playoffs... is there any off time between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs? Or do I need to start setting up my rotations now?
        No time off I dont think. Maybe a day or two at most. They'll just happen in the normal course of our season but not sure exactly what day they start.

Comment

Great sim, both of my 2nd rounders from last year's draft look like they're busts already- absolutely fantastic. Hopefully, my scouts are wrong but I doubt it.

At least the offense is coming around with Noa healthy now. The offseason will be interesting for me.
          Last edited by Spectre; 03-20-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Bye bye playoffs.

Comment

first winless sim as an owner. feels sweet. I just hope some of the prospects I've been picking up develop at a decent pace or this could be a long couple of years.
              Charlotte Knights - OSFL
              Syracuse Slammers - BLB
              South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

I finally beat Washington in a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then crapped the bed the rest of the week including being swept by Cali. If I didn't know better, it looks like I'm playing for a higher pick.
                The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

We're tanking for draft position.

Comment

We resigned Ghaniy for 2 years and $1.4 million. With our SP in the minors being pretty suspect, he's a great worker at a bargain price.

Between Ghaniy and Bill Johnson, I'm bring back two players and cutting nearly $21.0 off my payroll. Sure, Johnson is not what he once was, but he's a good PH, 1B and he can DH in interleague next season. Best part.... 1983 salary = $16.5 million.... 1984 salary = $600k. Ghaniy goes from $5.5 million to $700k. That frees up a nice amount of money to bid in free agency..

But... we still suck.

"The Skull" completed his minor climb this sim, getting his 1st start in AAA. Maybe I'm moving him too fast, but I feel like this is where he should be now. He'll finish the season at AAA and start '84 there as well.
                    The Great One!

Comment

dammit all to hell. good sim, but lose Hoover for a month. just when i thought i was getting healthy, i lose Dan Jones last sim and Hoover this sim.

Comment

Somewhat of a sad day in Cali today as former star prospect Steve Boyd went down with an injury that will sideline him for 10-11 months. His stock dropped a ton this year as he was struggling with AA ball after rocketing all the way to the BLB last year. After this injury I expect his ratings will take a nose dive and he could potentially be out of the league within three years.
                        1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                        , 2000

Comment

Bouncing up and down like that probably hasn't helped him either...

I think it's safe to say that the who California/Virginia thing strikes some pretty remarkable parrallels to like the Cubbies and the Royals. Virgina gets the tag as "lovable losers" because they can't win... yet they still have a huge budget... decent talent... and a history... they just can't put it together.

The Wildfire, however, are clearly the Royals of the BLB. Tiny budget, usually no more than 1 really quality player on the roster at a time and crumbling prospects.
                          The Great One!

Comment

Yeah, it seems my team can only be lucky enough to get one guy with a great year at a time. This year it's D.T. Fitts who's putting together a quality first year in the BLB at SP.

Murcott is doing what I paid him for, but with no one around him to help out even a quality player like him is useless, and infact probably hurts me as his contract is too big to move... Thus I can't get prospects or free up money to pick up multiple free agents that could help me.
                            1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                            , 2000

Comment

3-3 sim, but most exciting was Malcolm Hansens's 6 homers! Thats right, 6 homers this sim for Malcolm, three of which came in one game.

Add a 1-hit shutout over Pittsburgh, and thats one of the best .500 sims you'll see in the BLB, at least for the Clowns, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X