Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Draft -- 50 Games In

How is your new blood doin'????

ImageI have some high picks that I'm real happy with... but our organization is in LOVE with our 6th Round (6.1) pick - Catcher Marlon Todd. After picking up Fortin in the off-season, we felt like we in a position to groom another young catcher to compete in the minors with Alberto Hernando. Well, we went with Todd because we loved his fielding skills and GAP POWER to hit in the big park in Williamsburg. We didn't have high hopes, but had a good feeling.

Long story short, besides the pleasent boom in Alberto's game in AAA, Todd has been a manchild in his first 50. Hitting .335... finding gaps... hitting with some pop... and throwing out 45% of basestealers (which is exceptionally high in free running A Ball).

What about you? Any sleepers?
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Got plenty that are doing well... but my favorite is Dusty Lewis. Diesel came to me with a trade idea for this pick as he really liked Ivan Martinez the guy the CPU auto picked for me in Round 4.

I took Lewis, who Diesel had drafted a few spots later in Round 4 and he's turned out to be quite the pleasant surprise... 7-3 2.79 ERA 67/22 K/BB 1.18 WHIP.

While I wouldn't call Martinez a flop yet... he's hitting .209 with 14 hits in 67 at bats...

So... I'm happy with that deal! Thanks Diesel!
    California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
    Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
    Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
    Porter Division Champions:
    1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
    , 2000
    Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

All my draft picks are busts- my scouts are terrible. They love these guys when they scout them at draft time; a couple of months later, they're all scrubs.

Comment

We're really happy with most of our early round picks, but how you like this?

19 years old, he's already in AAA and he's batting .360! He batted .489 in A.

In games he's started this year, he's only not gotten a hit once.

Manny Jaramillo

Last edited by Jistic; 03-21-2008, 05:48 PM.
        WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
        Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
        Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
        Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
        BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
        Hall of Famers: 4
        Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
        Stout Sluggers: 2
        New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
        You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Ummmm...damn
          The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

I knew Browning would be good and I liked Wilkinson (probably the most ready to go to AA).

But I'm really impressed with Curt Rutledge.

He's hitting .301/.386./.418

He's not exactly a power threat just yet but he's still driven in 24 RBI in 54 games and has a 1:1 walk to K ratio. Gotta love that.

I also can't hate on his solid play at first base.
            Denver Bulls

Comment

Aight, now that I accepted the fact that my first two picks are busts, I think I can make some better judgements about my later picks.

My 3rd rounder, Masahige Ohayashi is hitting .362 with a .417 OBP this season and has 4 jacks in A ball. Pretty good start for him. Other than that, the picks I've used on offense have been colossal busts.
              Last edited by Spectre; 03-21-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Adrian Acosta

Another player like Jamarillo, good contact, but not much else going on. In fact, I had Jamarillo in my queue but Jistic got him.

Adrian, an 11th rounder, hit .473 at Single-A and is hitting .412 at Double-A. He's had a 27 game hitting streak, but wont hit for much power and doesnt show much plate discipline. He could probably play at the BLB level right now, but at 19 years old i'm hoping he gets some talent increases. Always fun watching guys with these skill sets.
                Last edited by Ryan; 03-22-2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jistic View Post
                  We're really happy with most of our early round picks, but how you like this?

19 years old, he's already in AAA and he's batting .360! He batted .489 in A.

In games he's started this year, he's only not gotten a hit once.

Manny Jaramillo

Wow.

I plucked a 18 year old off the FA market before the season started named Don Bishop. I believe he was drafted by Los Lunas last year in the 11th round. He's currently batting .315 in 46 games at AAA after hitting .313 in 56 games at AA this year.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_3414.html

I picked CL Victor De La Garza in the 9th round of this year's draft. While his numbers have been somewhat pedestrian, he has seen a ratings increase already. My top scouts have him at 5-6-6. If he can stay close to that potential, I'll be extremely happy.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_3864.html

Comment

LF Pat Brown

The 7th overall pick is sucking it up in A so far. Hitting .215 with 3 HR and 25 RBI with a .518 OPS. Why must all my 1st round picks bust?

Comment

suck... they all suck.

Comment

Working...
                      X