AAA MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAA MVP

I have to start this thread because I know that my boy Orlin Montero won't win because MVPs are almost always chosen based on power numbers.

I can see the award going to either Tim Crump (Atlantics, Maine Guides Affiliate) or Antenor Corona (Lions, Dallas Snappers Affiliate).

But I want everyone to know why I think Montero is getting shafted.

Montero leads all of AAA in Batting Average (.376 - .41 higher than the next best hitter), Stolen Bases (48 - 18 higher than the next best base stealer), VORP (54.4) and obviously Hits (172). He's also leading the league in singles and triples.

That being said, he's also 2nd in RC and 3rd in RC/27. 2nd in Total Bases (trailing Corono by 9 total bases). And he also has an .876 OPS.

But he won't win MVP.

edit: If he keeps this up he'll shatter the AAA single season batting average high. The current holder is Brian Greenham who batted .358 in 1981.
    Last edited by Carlos; 03-21-2008, 07:40 PM.
    Denver Bulls

And look where that got Brian Greenham...
    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Good point.

It's something else I was going to bring up. My scouts are not high on Montero. According to SISA he isn't really supposed to be that good of a player.

But for some reason, he's still ranked in the Top 50 Prospects and just gets hits at every level.

His ratings are typical of a player I would release in AA. But because he keeps hitting I have no reason to let him go. I honestly pushed him to AAA at his age to see what he would do. Almost as a way of saying, "Heh, you think you're so good lets see how well you do in AAA!"

And when I promoted him from A to AA last year he just continued to hit. Once I bumped him to AAA he struggled in the 9 at-bats he had. Small sample size but I was convinced that he finally met his match.

Now, here he is having played more games in AAA than he's played at any level and he's on his way to setting a record for batting average.

I just hope that he's the best bad rated player in the league. Surely, he's gonna get a chance at the BLB level next season. And again I expect him to fall flat on his face, get sent down, struggle in AAA, and be out of baseball by 1985.

I hope I'm wrong.
      Denver Bulls

Comment

Unfortunetly OOTP does a bad job with minor league stats meaning anything. These cases are prime examples. Its really rare when you can use a guys minor league stats to determine BLB success. Not that its a tried and true way of doing things in "real life" but it usually translates a little better.

Comment

Working...
        X