Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1983 - Regular Season 20

Next sim: Tuesday

Somebody really should've moved on McEvoy when he was available. He's 4-0 with a .84 ERA, 4 walks and 30 K's since the deadline.

Jaramillo finished August in AAA batting .421 and will end at .374 for the season.
    Last edited by Jistic; 03-23-2008, 09:14 PM.
    WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
    Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
    Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
    BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
    Hall of Famers: 4
    Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
    Stout Sluggers: 2
    New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
    You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Jeeze, another 5-2 sim, with two wins against the division leader, and we're still 7 games back.
      Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

OK sim, my offense is pseudo-respectable now that its almost healthy. Hopefully next year the offense will show more consistency.

Comment

It's getting to the point where it's no longer funny how bad we are.

Ugh.
          California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
          Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
          Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
          Porter Division Champions:
          1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
          , 2000
          Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

At least I'm making my team a factor in the division race.... of course it's the BOCK division race instead of my own. I have a two sweep sim with getting my ass handed to me by Los Alamos (yet continuing to frustrate Tardiff with a no decision)... then I inexplicably go out and sweep Carolina.

Big week for Brian Greenham (because I talked crap about him last week) and Eddie Just. And my bullpen is starting to take shape a bit.

Glad to have the AA and A seasons complete. It's been a MASH unit down in A ball for me, but I'm pretty happy with a few seasons. I got nice years from guys like Maeda and Tracy and both should be moving to Battle Creek next season. But my SHOCKER of the year... is 1982 15th Rounder Pepe Gonzalez absolutely scortching all season. Pepe goes .342/.384/.532/.915 with 75 RBIs and a hefty 46 DOUBLES (the 2nd highest total in a A Season) in only 112 games. He also made just 1 error at first all-season.
            Last edited by Clay; 03-24-2008, 08:06 AM.
            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Tough sim for Carolina - they took two of three from Philly and even pinned 4 ER on Aurillo in a losing effort. Then they went out and got swept by Virginia of all teams. I guess I ought to buy Clay a virtual beer on that one - here's to you Mr. Shaver.

I'm not scoring runs like I was earlier in the season but the imports have stablized my rotation. Haughey has been lights out since a couple of shaky starts when he first joined the team.

Big sim coming up for me on Tuesday as I play both of the other contenders in my division. A good sim here and I'll be tough to catch but I've really struggled against both Carolina and Los Alamos.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman View Post
                Tough sim for Carolina - they took two of three from Philly and even pinned 4 ER on Aurillo in a losing effort. Then they went out and got swept by Virginia of all teams. I guess I ought to buy Clay a virtual beer on that one - here's to you Mr. Shaver.

The only problem is, I did it backwards. I need to be beating Los Alamos and losing to the teams with similar records because I have their 1st Rounder. But... you're welcome.
                The Great One!

Comment

Took a big hit to our postseason chances for this season and next season, losing Jose Sanchez for a year with a fractured knee. Still haven't decided how I'm going to fill the whole this year, but it's going to be a bigger problem next year with Subaru Hiraki heading to free agency. Losing the top 2 hitters in my lineup could be the start of the Guides downfall.

EDIT - btw, 100% of the blame falls on Clay for naming Sanchez to the BLB "5 Year team". I hate you Clay.

Comment

Not the first... or the last...

So did the Fantasy Baseball Draft have you so distracted that you missed the Sanchez injury before you could resim?

BTW -- That injury. Losing a player for an entire year and not knowing how they will come back is brutal. I lost Rich Mathes, who can't hold Sanchez' jock in terms of value, and threw my entire rotation into a spin. Sucks. Welcome to Atrictionville!!! Atricionville, VA.
                    The Great One!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
                      BTW -- That injury. Losing a player for an entire year and not knowing how they will come back is brutal. I lost Rich Mathes, who can't hold Sanchez' jock in terms of value, and threw my entire rotation into a spin. Sucks. Welcome to Atrictionville!!! Atricionville, VA.
                      Yeah it especially sucks since we're still paying Sanchez salary next year and have to let a very good player in Subaru Hiraki walk because we can't afford him. Sanchez is also due to hit Free Agency at the end of next season so I'll only have about a month to evaluate him and decide if I want to re-sign him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                        Yeah it especially sucks since we're still paying Sanchez salary next year and have to let a very good player in Subaru Hiraki walk because we can't afford him. Sanchez is also due to hit Free Agency at the end of next season so I'll only have about a month to evaluate him and decide if I want to re-sign him or not.
                        You could trade him this off-season while his value is still high, yet unknown. Let a young team with a big budget take the gamble. You could probably get some damn fine prospects or add even more 1st Rounders to your collection.

I just hope his ratings don't get killed, cause my Dominican squad will be counting on him to get us over the hump at the next WBC.
                        The Great One!

Comment

You could trade him this off-season while his value is still high, yet unknown. Let a young team with a big budget take the gamble. You could probably get some damn fine prospects or add even more 1st Rounders to your collection.

I just hope his ratings don't get killed, cause my Dominican squad will be counting on him to get us over the hump at the next WBC.

Stu, I'll give you an 8 pack of guinness and half a steak and cheese for him. Take that back, 7 pack of guinness, i'll need something to drink with my half of the sub.

Comment

I really don't think his ratings will get killed, but he may start to decline a little quicker than he would have before the injury. It sucks losing a full year out of the prime of his career. At least it wasn't a career ender though.

Comment

Wow, if you think he is worth all that under the current circustances maybe you ought to make an offer. I bet Andrew would consider "The Skull" plus your first rounder for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X