Expansion Team is Officially Introduced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion Team is Officially Introduced

Standing in front of Dwyer Stadium today, addressing thousands of cheering fans, Owner/GM Randy Lawrence made it official as he announced that the Batavia Muckdogs would be one of the new expansion teams in the highly competitive and respected BLB. Surrounded by members of City Council, Lawrence invited all the fans into the stadium for free hot dogs and soda, and to take a tour of the much improved Dwyer Stadium.

While the local high school band played the Rocky theme, Lawrence asked the fans to be both supportive and to be patient with a team that he promised will play with enthusiasm and 100% effort, while reminding everyone just how competitive the BLB league is, and that success of this franchise will be measured over a period of time, and not just over one season.

Lawrence also announced the farm clubs that will support the Muckdogs in their quest for a future championship. The AAA club will be the Joliet Jackhammers, the AA club, the Kansas City T-Bones, and the single A club will be the Camden Riversharks.

Batavia Muckdogs. I like it.

Comment

Excellent. can't wait to see the logos.

Comment

Awesome... now where is Batavia?
        California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
        Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
        Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
        Porter Division Champions:
        1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
        , 2000
        Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by dtown14 View Post
          Standing in front of Dwyer Stadium today, addressing thousands of cheering fans, Owner/GM Randy Lawrence made it official as he announced that the Batavia Muckdogs would be one of the new expansion teams in the highly competitive and respected BLB. Surrounded by members of City Council, Lawrence invited all the fans into the stadium for free hot dogs and soda, and to take a tour of the much improved Dwyer Stadium.

While the local high school band played the Rocky theme, Lawrence asked the fans to be both supportive and to be patient with a team that he promised will play with enthusiasm and 100% effort, while reminding everyone just how competitive the BLB league is, and that success of this franchise will be measured over a period of time, and not just over one season.

Lawrence also announced the farm clubs that will support the Muckdogs in their quest for a future championship. The AAA club will be the Joliet Jackhammers, the AA club, the Kansas City T-Bones, and the single A club will be the Camden Riversharks.
          Hey, hey, hey. Joliet aint big enough for two minor league teams. You'll steal my market share!

Welcome aboard.
          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
          Hall of Famers: 4
          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
          Stout Sluggers: 2
          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Great to finally get a glimpse of something. Aren't all those teams real teams? I'm surprised that given the leeway of an expansion organization and the talents of Mr. Shaver you'd go with no fictional teams. It's all good, just surprised is all.
            BLB
            Los Alamos Amigos
            GM 1982-Present
            Brewmaster Champions - 1993
            Import League Champions - 1993
            Bock Division Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2002

Comment

LOL, Jistic is losing territory

I think this Batavia is in upstate New York (Batavia has a team in the New York-Penn League, that's the only reason I know, I promise).

Comment

Batavia! Grew up not too far away in East Aurora, NY. Hopefully this won't squash my AA attendance in Buffalo.
                Charlotte Knights - OSFL
                Syracuse Slammers - BLB
                South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

Detroit, MI (AP) -- I.M.D.C. Marketing is proud to reveal the logo and uniforms for the inaugural season for the BLB's newest franchise - the Batavia Muckdogs.

The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by spot View Post
                    Great to finally get a glimpse of something. Aren't all those teams real teams? I'm surprised that given the leeway of an expansion organization and the talents of Mr. Shaver you'd go with no fictional teams. It's all good, just surprised is all.
                    Yes, they are all real minor league team names. But it's all good. They work. And it makes logos much easier.

The other expansion team is all originals.
                    The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Very nice! Looks like a cool uniform.

Can't wait to see what the other team has in mind.
                      California Kodiaks - GM - 1982-2013
                      Brewmaster's Cups: 1987
                      Import League Champions: 1987, 1989
                      Porter Division Champions:
                      1986, 1987, 1989, 1999
                      , 2000
                      Import League Wild Card: 2001, 2003, 2004

Comment

Working...
                      X