SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Sim 10 / Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My draft picks are on my Single A team.

My pitching scout probably had an aneurysm when they announced my 2nd round pick.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

NM, they're in my minors
      WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
      Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
      Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
      Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
      BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
      Hall of Famers: 4
      Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
      Stout Sluggers: 2
      New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
      You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Sent AIM message about this but also wanted to post...

I put Ralph Hanshaw on waivers and got the notice he was claimed and I had 8 days to pull him back and then got the next message he had been claimed...I think this was due to the extra day of the sim. I would've pulled him back if he didn't clear. Can he be put back on my team?
        Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
        DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Bad blood between Joe O'Connellan and Los Alamos after the trade. The Mayhem travel to Wilmington and sweep a short (two game) series with the Wildcats, face O'Connellan in the first game and eek out a win against their ex-Ace. As a consolation, Joe gets the player of the game award.

Comment

5-2 sim, but only 1 game up in the division. Looks like it's going to be a tight one this year.
            HUGE 4 game series with Hyundai coming up in two sims.

Guardamangi is still pitching lights out. I see a Cy Young in his future.

P.S. I'm not happy with the way my scout drafted. He may be looking for a new job next year.
            Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik
              Andrew - did you get an export from me? None of my changes took effect.

I talked to Philly and his export didn't process either.
              Both your files said it was an old file. Not sure what happened. Did it say it exported correctly? I wonder if this is due to the problems the server was having earlier in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137

I put Ralph Hanshaw on waivers and got the notice he was claimed and I had 8 days to pull him back and then got the next message he had been claimed...I think this was due to the extra day of the sim. I would've pulled him back if he didn't clear. Can he be put back on my team?
                It's because I had to sim an extra day to make the draft work. I'll place him back on your team this sim. If anyone else has a waiver claim that they would have pulled back, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
                  5-2 sim, but only 1 game up in the division. Looks like it's going to be a tight one this year.
                  HUGE 4 game series with Hyundai coming up in two sims.

Guardamangi is still pitching lights out. I see a Cy Young in his future.

P.S. I'm not happy with the way my scout drafted. He may be looking for a new job next year.
                  Only 1 game back bud. Coming for ya! Huge series coming up before the ASB.

I'm glad my scouts picked 5 SP's the first 5 picks, then a SS, then 2 MR's to round it out. I'm gonna be weak at SP in the next few years so it's good to get some now and hopefully 1 or 2 develop.

Comment

Wow, based on what my Head Scout thinks of my draft picks, I'm extremely pleased with my draft. I found some great value late in the draft (again, according to my head scout).

Giggas, any interest in Giggas Gotay?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLetterZ
                      Yeah, I lost 4 prospects to waiver claims that I'm certain I pulled back.
                      I think two of them are on my team....

Originally posted by jmw1137

He is on my team...
                      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                        It's because I had to sim an extra day to make the draft work. I'll place him back on your team this sim. If anyone else has a waiver claim that they would have pulled back, let me know.
                        Thanks!
                        Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                        DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Working...
                        X