Message Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Cleanup

I've been including the entire Messages directory to avoid having gaps in the messages in your copy. I'm going to change this to 28 days so as long as you don't miss more than 4 sims in a row you should still get them all.

I'm also going to delete a lot of the older messages since they're adding up fast and increasing the size of the league file.

Sounds like a great idea...I just did some clean-up on old messages a while ago but was thinking it would be nice if they were just deleted systemwide after a while since we don't need them.
    Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
    DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137
      Sounds like a great idea...I just did some clean-up on old messages a while ago but was thinking it would be nice if they were just deleted systemwide after a while since we don't need them.
      Unfortunately your deletions don't get replicated back to my system so you just get them again when you update your league file. I'm still working on a good way to do this.

Comment

Did you start doing this yet? All the messages are still importing for me.
        Dallas Snappers

Comment

Originally posted by jmw1137
          Did you start doing this yet? All the messages are still importing for me.
          I'm importing 28 days of messages so if you download the file once every 4 sims, you won't miss any messages. You should be able to clean out any messages older than 4 sims in your copy of the game. If it leaves blank copies behind, delete the messages.dat and it should recreate it without the blanks.

Comment

So I need to delete anything older than 28 days and then it will be gone for good? I've cleaned them out before but they always come back...now they'll be gone?
            Dallas Snappers

Comment

Working...
            X