• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 End of Season Awards

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...eos_ballot.php

- Voting is mandatory
    - Vote in ALL Categories!!
    - Voting begins immediately and will last until the last SIM of the playoffs or final ballot is received.
    - Teams who don't submit a fair ballot may have their votes invalidated. (ie leaving a rival player off the ballot so your guy wins, etc)
    - Voting will be done in the utility using the link above.

Some people have already voted, but I'll highlight the Bats that deserve your consideration.

Stout Slugger - Geoff Yonke

By WAR, Yonke is the best hitter in the league this season. He's great at the plate and possibly the best fielding 2B in the IL. Before trading for Yonke, we were 40-34 and 9th in the IL in runs scored. Since then, we went 59-29 and finished as the highest scoring team in the IL. He's made a huge difference since coming to DC.

Key stats:

7.2 WAR - 1st in IL
    .389 OBP, 2nd
    .854 OPS - 3rd
    174 hits, 5th
    95 BB, 1st
    +10.4 ZR, 1st in IL (2B)
    1st in Defensive Efficiency (IL 2B)

Pale Ale - Ed Carroll

I've mentioned him several times in sim threads, but Carroll put together one of the most dominant seasons in BLB history. His 9.3 WAR is the best by a BLB pitcher since 1986 (excluding Herrera). I don't have an all-time leaderboard for FIP, but his 1.66 is absurd - it's actually the best among all BLB pitchers this season, starters or relievers.

Stats:

18-4, 2.40 ERA, 1st in Wins, 4th in ERA
    256 K's, 1st
    1.66 FIP, 1st
    9.3 WAR, 1st
    0.39 HR/9, 2nd
    8.26 K/BB, 2nd

New Brew - Tom Roseboom

It's a good crop of IL rookies, but Roseboom should be in the mix for this award. He took over for a team legend (Jamie Urmson) and for the most part we didn't miss a beat. He's been our everyday CF and leadoff man all season long. He's the best rookie hitter in the IL that played regularly.

Stats (among IL qualified rookie hitters)

.262/.336/.404.. .741 OPS
    1st in BA, OBP and OPS
    1st in hits (56), doubles (25), triples (6), total bases
    Leads all IL players in stolen bases (32)
    3.9 WAR, 2nd

Last Call - Israel Rodriguez

He's won this awards the past couple years and has been pretty much the same guy this year. There's some other strong contenders, but Rodriguez has been dominant for the past few months and key to our second half surge.

2.6 WAR, 1st
    1.86 FIP, 2nd
    44 saves, 2nd

Pale Ale #2 - Jaylen Mitchell

Carroll should win Pale Ale pitcher. But, Mitchell should get some 2nd or 3rd place votes. He's 2nd in WAR, 2nd in FIP, 14-5 with a 2.53 ERA. In a world without Carroll, I'd be stumping for him more. As it is, he's had a great year and should be on a lot of ballots somewhere.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Crazy year in DC. Those guys are all high on my ballot.
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Ok who gave LA GM a first place vote?

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
        - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
        - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
        - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Remember to vote, guys. This season is wrapping up quickly!
          Philly Freedom
          Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
          Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
          Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
          IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
          Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

Comment

Got the GMOTY in, but my phone and laptop browsers keep screwing up the rest. I'll try to add guys to the list and the list on the top left just goes away and I can't submit the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post
              Got the GMOTY in, but my phone and laptop browsers keep screwing up the rest. I'll try to add guys to the list and the list on the top left just goes away and I can't submit the vote.
              If you sort, it messes up the format.

I typically open two tabs. One to sort, one to fill.
              Denver Bulls

Comment

Brewers League Baseball
                Matt Blumenthal (Maine Guides) Not voted No No No No No No No No No
                Mike C (Pittsburgh Millers) Partial (X) No No Yes (X) Yes (X) No No No No No
                Jack Funclown (Pawtucket Patriots) Partial (X) No No Yes (X) Yes (X) No No Yes (X) No Yes (X)
                Cory H (Windy City Blues) Not voted No No No No No No No No No
                Hans Landa (Los Angeles Dinos) Not voted No No No No No No No No No
                Danyaal M (New York Knights) Not voted No No No No No No No No No
                Mark NELMSM (Davenport Brawlers) Not voted No No No No No No No No No
                Cesar Shark (Dallas Sharks) Not voted No No No No No No No No No
                Jake Wolf (Syracuse Slammers) Not voted No No No No No No No No No

Comment

We might want to think about going all in on CPU voted awards.

Especially with GM of the Year when it shows up in-game as manager of the year, which I think is really what we vote on anyway.

- Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16

Comment

I agree 100%. We had over 1/3 of the league not vote. It's a yearly battle trying to get people to vote. All-Star and EofS will be AI from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      I agree 100%. We had over 1/3 of the league not vote. It's a yearly battle trying to get people to vote. All-Star and EofS will be AI from now on.
                      I made this suggestion a few seasons back and I feel it's only gotten worse.

I wish we had 100% turnout. But if we aren't going to get it, turn on CPU.

We could however have voter awards that aren't mandatory. More fun, non-standard awards. Forum based. MVP, comeback player of the year, least valuable, etc.

However, if we are only getting 2/3 votes on required awards, I doubt this idea would have much traction.
                      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Can we turn on in-game voting?

Comment

Going to miss voting, but no use doing it if everyone doesn't vote.

Hopefully the AI gives Engstrom the Pale Ale though dude deserves it running away.

Comment

Originally posted by Delandis
                            Can we turn on in-game voting?
                            This would be the same result, no?

Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Pat

I made this suggestion a few seasons back and I feel it's only gotten worse.

I wish we had 100% turnout. But if we aren't going to get it, turn on CPU.

We could however have voter awards that aren't mandatory. More fun, non-standard awards. Forum based. MVP, comeback player of the year, least valuable, etc.

However, if we are only getting 2/3 votes on required awards, I doubt this idea would have much traction.
                              Umd tried this with an award and the turn out was not very good.

Voting is tough. I enjoy doing it here but I'll admit I hate doing it for some of my other leagues. Depends on the involvement of other guys and the format.
                              Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
                              X