Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS DYNAMIC OWNER ON??

Ok we may need to fix this.....

For those who don't think I don't play on the level my owner wants to hand me 49 million in cash. While I'd be happy to be a free agent player, its simply not fair. I need to be in debt for til the end of 2022. Its just simple math.

However......we've had ONE losing season yet my media market went down 5 million ALREADY and my market size went down??? I like playing against the odds but this is getting out of hand.

Please make sure we aren't getting owner money and also......lets make sure Pawtucket isnt getting screwed either on the whole financial segment cuz things are turned on.

Thank you, have a nice day.
    PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
    DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
    Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
    Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

We'll look into this. Any additional $$'s not "earned" will be removed. Thanks!
    Philly Freedom
    Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
    Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
    Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
    IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
    Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

Comment

I've never heard of dynamic owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I've never heard of dynamic owner.
        Lol, whatever they called it. All I know is my owner wants me back in the game. I'm saying I won't be scheduled to be good again til 2023.
        PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
        Wildcard 91, 95, 12

Comment

The extra cash is definitely part of owners being involved. I'm not sure it can be turned off but I'll let the men in charge decide.

My owner wants me to bring back Banuelos. I'd love to but he upped his demands by a lot and I ain't got no money. Where's my cash?
          Denver Bulls

Comment

I made the Brewmasters back to back and $26m in profit. I revenue shared $10.5 and my owner took $5.7... so...
            Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
            Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
            IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
            Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
            Last Call '08 (Manning)
            New Brew '08 (Pulido)
            Desert Legends
            #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Originally posted by umd View Post
              I made the Brewmasters back to back and $26m in profit. I revenue shared $10.5 and my owner took $5.7... so...
              Did you reach your "cash 10 million" cap?? I remember when I did make money that being the stop point. Its also why I diverted as much as can to PD and scouting. I truly hated my owner.

Again....I was just bringing up a point. Obviously my owner wasn't thrilled after a decade of dominance, but I've always known the beginning of this decade would suck.

On the plus side 4 top 100 pitchers so I guess we still know how to draft.
              Last edited by funclown; 03-31-2017, 08:36 PM.
              PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
              Wildcard 91, 95, 12

Comment

Won't your cash be cut to $10 mm?
                Denver Bulls

Comment

I would leave as it is. Is part of the game and of the real life. Whatever the owner wants to do to improve or punish your team should be allowed. Owners they do change with time and ask for different goals, if you meet them you are rewarded with bigger budget. If not it gets cut down... Is another feature and we all play by the same rules.

Market size should be dynamic too, if you lose you lose market. If you win, you win. I got a market increase last year and it went down in the middle of the season too (I dunno if Commishes did that, or the gane did it). I don't know if we play with static market sizes or not. But if not it would be fair to motivate GMs to not to lose (aka tank).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Miami Sharks (BLB)
                  * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
                  * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

Other teams also got cash from their owner. I don't think this is new. I think it's just weird seeing it be 40 Million.
                    Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
                      I would leave as it is. Is part of the game and of the real life. Whatever the owner wants to do to improve or punish your team should be allowed. Owners they do change with time and ask for different goals, if you meet them you are rewarded with bigger budget. If not it gets cut down... Is another feature and we all play by the same rules.

Market size should be dynamic too, if you lose you lose market. If you win, you win. I got a market increase last year and it went down in the middle of the season too (I dunno if Commishes did that, or the gane did it). I don't know if we play with static market sizes or not. But if not it would be fair to motivate GMs to not to lose (aka tank).

I think the only concern would be that some owners giver 30, 40, 50 million and skew the competitive balance of the league. Nobody wants an LA Dodger owner in this league that allows one team to waaaaaay outspend everyone else... at least I don't.
                      GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
                      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
                      Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
                      Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC View Post

I think the only concern would be that some owners giver 30, 40, 50 million and skew the competitive balance of the league. Nobody wants an LA Dodger owner in this league that allows one team to waaaaaay outspend everyone else... at least I don't.
                        Well, if it happens randomly, it could happen to any team, isnīt it? Also, owners die or sell their teams, so it might happen just once or twice, I think is a good idea to keep this Dice rolls.
                        Miami Sharks (BLB)
                        * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
                        * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

I don't understand where this is coming from? Where does it say you are getting $40m?

For Pawtucket it says your budget for 2019 was $140m. In 2020 it was $126m. Now it's going to be $108m.

In financials the owner has no control over the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post

No, and this issue isn't a debate. This goes against a very core principle the league has operated under for a while now, that teams must manage and carry their debt. No get out of jail free cards. Not picking on Pawtucket either, my team is a large "beneficiary" of this version's cash influx as well ($11.7mil+ received). The cash infusions by owners will be reversed.

If someone wants to make a proposal allowing the owner cash infusions, put it up for a vote. If/when it passes I'll post my farewell.
                            Philly Freedom
                            Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
                            Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
                            Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
                            IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
                            Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

Comment

So last year my owner took $22m? I know we can't really be over $10m but the game doesn't want you under negative -$10m either?

Comment

Working...
                              X