TBA - Free Agency 3 - Jan 1 to Jan 16
    TBA - Free Agency 4 - Jan 16 to Feb 1
    TBA - Free Agency 5 - Feb 1 to Feb 16
    TBA - Free Agency 6 - Feb 16 to ST
    TBA - Spring Training 1
    TBA - Spring Training 2

Reminder

14. CONTRACTS
    • If Team Option is used the Buyout must be the difference between Option year and highest Guaranteed year.
    • Only one Team Option may be used per contract, and it must be in the last year of the contract. This prevents people from stacking Player Options after the Team Option.
    • Players cannot be signed to contract extensions until after they have received their second arbitration contract. Players become eligible for contract extensions once they have two "Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $xx through arbitration." in their player history.

Last edited by Matt; 04-05-2017, 08:44 AM.
    Maine Guides
    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Missed on the international guys but my offers weren't very aggressive so I'm not surprised. Really happy to get Dave Robinson. He's under performed but I think he's a decent gamble at less than $2m a year.

Comment

Seattle made three signings but not headliners:

-Veteran LHRP Zack Reeves signs for $3.5M with a team option. We needed another lefty in the pen and he might end up our closer. If we don't compete he also seems like a nice rental trade piece.

-22yo 2B Javier Salazar signs a minor league deal with a $2M bonus. He debuts #95 on the Top 100 and my #2 batting prospect.

-Former Toronto Bench Coach Tanner Reader comes to fill the same position in Seattle.
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

I wonder how much I overpaid for Hoon Park.
        Charlotte Knights - OSFL
        Syracuse Slammers - BLB
        South America - 1984 WBC Runner Up

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          I dunno, but that contract to Bill Roman is crazy to my eyes. Eight years! He looks legit, but wow.

Comment

My assumption was that because of age, people would go harder after Roman and overpay. But I think it's a reasonable salary per year on Roman.
            Charlotte Knights - OSFL
            Syracuse Slammers - BLB

Comment

FWIW, I also thought Sepulveda would go for more. Nice get.
              Charlotte Knights - OSFL
              Syracuse Slammers - BLB

Comment

Originally posted by Pat
                Seattle made three signings but not headliners:

-Veteran LHRP Zack Reeves signs for $3.5M with a team option. We needed another lefty in the pen and he might end up our closer. If we don't compete he also seems like a nice rental trade piece.

-22yo 2B Javier Salazar signs a minor league deal with a $2M bonus. He debuts #95 on the Top 100 and my #2 batting prospect.

-Former Toronto Bench Coach Tanner Reader comes to fill the same position in Seattle.
                Targeted Salazar. Even gave him a blb contract for years. But it didn't match the signing bonus. He's a good one.
                Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                  Missed on the international guys but my offers weren't very aggressive so I'm not surprised. Really happy to get Dave Robinson. He's under performed but I think he's a decent gamble at less than $2m a year.
                  The only big international I offered was RP Marco Rosaro, who signed with Indy. I offered a 5-year $60M promised closer role and he elected to go a 6-year, $62M promised reliever role with a player opt out after three seasons. Looks like the RH Edwin Carrasco with a worse personality. I missed on Carrasco last FA by not offering a player option in the final year while this year I miss out by not offering a player opt out in the middle. After failing on Carrasco I kept telling myself it was for the best and $10M+ for a RP is too much and you dodged a bullet. That held me over until this off-season when I tried my best to make the same "mistake" again. $12M is a lot for a guy who is only going to pitch 80-90 innings but I obviously thought he has a chance to be one of the best in the league.

By the way, loved the Robinson deal. I think he has a good chance to bounce back and that contract is cheap. That and the RP Chandler to LAM are my favorite signings so far. I really liked Chandler and initially was going to offer him something in the $3M per, on a three year range but after deciding to go "all-in" on Rosaro, I decided to hold back. I'll probably regret that when Chandler strikes out the side in the 8th of our first game against LAM.

Comment

Better offer from me for Sepulveda but that's life. We will return basically the same team. We'll tinker around the edges in FA and the trade block. If you missed on your international FA pitcher of choice Willie Fajardo awaits with $10m in cash attached. Dave Kendrick is now available as well.
                    Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
                    Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
                    IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
                    Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
                    Last Call '08 (Manning)
                    New Brew '08 (Pulido)
                    Desert Legends
                    #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Very happy to get Sepulveda. He slots in as my new top prospect and likely my #5 starter immediately with the hope that he can develop into a good player for me.

Missed out on Ortega. I think I had a very similar offer as New York, so that's disappointing. Also made an attempt to get Robinson, who ended up in KC. I thought he could be good value, considering what he was demanding before free agency. Low risk there, and my scouts have always thought he could play.

Still, Sepulveda was the top player I was after and I actually managed to sign him. Also have enough money to make another impact signing at some point if I find the right fit.
                      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        I like the Park deal. My scout sees him 766 and not 775 like OSA but obviously pretty damn good. 62% GB. Durable. Three plus pitches. Good velocity. Ok personality. My one concern was his stamina. Is that 5 closer to a 4 or a 6? Without a history of stats that is what gave me the most pause in offering him. The combo of higher stuff/lower control usually leads to a lot of pitches. He should be great, but he might not go very deep into games.

As for Roman, everything is there for a great pitcher but I was more nervous about him. He debuts as the #3 overall prospect and my scout likes him more than OSA with development still to be had in stuff and control. 98 MPH. Groundball tendency. Solid stamina. But wasn't SC Zhang also a Top 5 debut? Zhang and Ale Domingue are our recent ITL SP signings. In their four combined BLB seasons they have posted a total of 8.7 WAR or 2.5 WAR/30 starts. That's not bad but I'm not sure you want to be paying $20M+ for that. Roman has high intelligence, but the high greed/low work ethic isn't the best.

Sepulveda is the other and he debuts at #13. My scout doesn't like him as much as OSA but thinks he will be good. I really liked his high stamina and plus intangibles. No opt out in this deal though. He is locked up at $8.5~ until 2026.

It's really too early to tell. I'm sure some of you guys player single player or are in other leagues, but the only OOTP17 experience I have is in the BLB. I'd say the jury is still out on what to make of the international guys. These deals could all look like complete steals by the off-season. Maybe talents like this are rare? I have no idea.

In terms of these three, I like the Park deal the best as he is the fully developed veteran and looks like he can come in right now and perform on a level makinga big impact. The Roman deal the wild card. He has a chance to be the best of the group and he's only making $13M in year one, but I think he has the highest risk to be the "most overpaid" down the line.
                        Last edited by Pat; 04-05-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLetterZ View Post
                          [*]Players cannot be signed to contract extensions until after they have received their third arbitration contract. Players become eligible for contract extensions once they have three "Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $xx through arbitration." in their player history.[/LIST]
                          Did this officially get changed to 2years?

I want to offer some contracts so I'd like to make sure I'm in the clear.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                          - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                          - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                          - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Originally posted by Delandis View Post

Did this officially get changed to 2years?

I want to offer some contracts so I'd like to make sure I'm in the clear.
                            Yes. Two years now.

Comment

Also,

I posted in the To-Do thread for the 10MM from the Mason deal to be added to the 2021 budget. Is that something that can be done now or do I have to wait for the calendar flip?

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/foru...124#post446124
                              http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/foru...e-with-pre-sim

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                              - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                              - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                              - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Working...
                              X