4/9 - Free Agency 3 - Jan 1 to Jan 16
    4/11 - Free Agency 4 - Jan 16 to Feb 1
    4/12 - Free Agency 5 - Feb 1 to Feb 16
    4/13 - Free Agency 6 - Feb 16 to ST
    4/15 - Spring Training 1
    4/16 - Spring Training 2

Reminder

14. CONTRACTS
    • If Team Option is used the Buyout must be the difference between Option year and highest Guaranteed year.
    • Only one Team Option may be used per contract, and it must be in the last year of the contract. This prevents people from stacking Player Options after the Team Option.
    • Players cannot be signed to contract extensions until after they have received their second arbitration contract. Players become eligible for contract extensions once they have two "Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $xx through arbitration." in their player history.

I think I got all the stadium stuff, winning bonus, moves, logos, trade and SIM correct.

If not post something and we can fix it. We have a major windstorm blowing through and both kids are awake now.

Comment

Locked up Brazeel and Otero, thankfully. My offense was shaping up to be a dumpster fire.

Comment

Signed a utility infielder. Missed out on a couple other guys.
        Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Matt, no rush but is it possible to have me go GM/Manager? I like my manager but I'd like to be a bit more hands on with the strategy of this squad :)

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
            Matt, no rush but is it possible to have me go GM/Manager? I like my manager but I'd like to be a bit more hands on with the strategy of this squad :)
            Everyone has this now...we changed it before last season. You can override any coach.

Comment

Well I'm a dummy, thanks for that Matt :)

Comment

The re-scout made some big changes in Denver.

Gil "Dave" Banda moves to #14.
                OSA agrees with my assessment that Robby Yantis is going to be a very bad man. And he's #23.
                Adamo stays up at #19.
                Jimmy Thompson drops a little from last year's ranking but remains in the Top 100.

Meanwhile, Jimmy McGraw fell completely off. No surprise. He looks like a defensive player only.
                And somehow Ed Zahn gets no love though he keeps producing. They will see.
                Denver Bulls

Comment

Seattle signs RPs Tom Bell and Manny Ochoa each to a one-year, second-year team option deal. Combined with the addition of Reeves last FA sim, I think this gives a very solid bullpen to go along with the other RPs I had on the roster. Seattle also signed IF William Kroll. Probably just a 4th/5th guy at this point but a lefty who can field three spots and has good intangibles.

Interestingly, SP Dave Hall signs with Toronto on a one-year deal for $1M. In the first off-season sim, I offered him a three year deal at $4M per. Despite a full sim passing, as of yesterday's file it still said "pending" with no response from Hall. This sim, I never got an email response from him and he signs with Toronto for a far less deal. It appears the offer never actually got to him as he should have at least sent me a negotiation update email. I did however receive an email telling me he signed with Toronto. Strange.....good get though Spear.
                  Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                  Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                  Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

Everyone has this now...we changed it before last season. You can override any coach.
                    I don't think we can ovveride strategy settings, can we? I've got full control everywhere else, but my manager prevents me from changing almost everything on that screen. He didn't used to, but as his reputation has increased, my manager has taken more control for himself.
                    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                      The re-scout made some big changes in Denver.

Gil "Dave" Banda moves to #14.
                      OSA agrees with my assessment that Robby Yantis is going to be a very bad man. And he's #23.
                      Adamo stays up at #19.
                      Jimmy Thompson drops a little from last year's ranking but remains in the Top 100.

Meanwhile, Jimmy McGraw fell completely off. No surprise. He looks like a defensive player only.
                      And somehow Ed Zahn gets no love though he keeps producing. They will see.
                      Changes for Washington:

New signee Sepulveda held steady at #12. I like that, so hopefully he's legit.

My 2019 1st round pick, Jimmy Harris, is on the list at #54. I've thought he's my best hitting prospect since then, so it's great to see him finally crack the list. Still a long way away, but it's gone well for him so far.

Last year's #1 pick, Milt Dearborn fell off the list. But, my 2nd round pick Diego Moore makes an appearance now.

I know it jumps around a lot this time of year, but I'll take the positives.
                      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

We missed on Cravalho but his CAR offer was stronger. Molina debuts at #100 finally. Kid will be in the league by August.

Traded for Garnett but I'm looking to dump him in his last year for a 2nd and a 4th. I won't go a 1st because worst case he's a leader and a strong defender and just opens the season at 2B with Marrero staying in left. If you want Garnett for a 2nd and a 4th just PM and I'll write it up.
                        Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
                        Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
                        IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
                        Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
                        Last Call '08 (Manning)
                        New Brew '08 (Pulido)
                        Desert Legends
                        #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Originally posted by liquidcrash View Post

Changes for Washington:

New signee Sepulveda held steady at #12. I like that, so hopefully he's legit.

My 2019 1st round pick, Jimmy Harris, is on the list at #54. I've thought he's my best hitting prospect since then, so it's great to see him finally crack the list. Still a long way away, but it's gone well for him so far.

Last year's #1 pick, Milt Dearborn fell off the list. But, my 2nd round pick Diego Moore makes an appearance now.

I know it jumps around a lot this time of year, but I'll take the positives.
                          Changes for Seattle:

My 2020 1st round picks, SP Enrique Bernardi and 2B Colin Neubauer both make significant jumps to #46 and #47. The bigger surprise is the debut of IF Kyle Carlson at #91, and pitchers Tom Polin and Dave McKay to #65 and #89.

Like you said, it jumps a lot this time of year and a lot of these #70+ guys get completely bumped off when the draft is entered but I will take it. Carlson was a former 8th round pick of Pawtucket who was a bit of a throw-in during the Jamie Coffman deal. Polin and McKay are 6th and 7th round picks for Seattle.
                          Last edited by Pat; 04-07-2017, 11:35 AM.
                          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Gareth Paton makes a jump from not even being on the list to number 3. Crazy. Boy has to put in some work to keep that ranking.

Comment

Roman at 3 and Corr up to 27...very nice

Comment

Working...
                              X