Roster:
    Single A Age:

Offseason Schedule

4/13 - Free Agency 6 - Feb 16 to ST
    4/15 - Spring Training 1
    4/16 - Spring Training 2

Reminder

14. CONTRACTS
    • If Team Option is used the Buyout must be the difference between Option year and highest Guaranteed year.
    • Only one Team Option may be used per contract, and it must be in the last year of the contract. This prevents people from stacking Player Options after the Team Option.
    • Players cannot be signed to contract extensions until after they have received their second arbitration contract. Players become eligible for contract extensions once they have two "Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $xx through arbitration." in their player history.
    Maine Guides
    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Productive offseason...

Some big names gone:
    SP Willie Fajardo
    SP Dave Baldwin
    1B TJ Dunn

Some big names added:
    SP Ron Robertson
    1B John Cardona
    C Vinny Flores
    CL Robby Scriber

We're in the black and added pick 1.10 and another 2nd round pick this offseason. That gives us two 1sts and five 2nds in this draft.

I'm pretty optimistic about our future here. Probably have a solid 3-5 year window to get back to a Brewmasters and lose.

Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
    Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
    IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
    Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
    Last Call '08 (Manning)
    New Brew '08 (Pulido)
    Desert Legends
    #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Originally posted by umd View Post
      Productive offseason...

Some big names gone:
      SP Willie Fajardo
      SP Dave Baldwin
      1B TJ Dunn

Some big names added:
      SP Ron Robertson
      1B John Cardona
      C Vinny Flores
      CL Robby Scriber

We're in the black and added pick 1.10 and another 2nd round pick this offseason. That gives us two 1sts and five 2nds in this draft.

I'm pretty optimistic about our future here. Probably have a solid 3-5 year window to get back to a Brewmasters and lose.
      Clearing $28M for a late 2nd and late 3rd was most productive.

--

Seattle strikes out on a few of the FAs that signed this sim. Now we must decide to dump the remaining balance into scouting/PD or sign one of the lesser FAs remaining. Lot of good gets for bargain prices this sim: Flores, Scriber, Banuelos, Brooks, Krause...well done.
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Clearing $28M for a late 2nd and late 3rd was most productive.

--

Seattle strikes out on a few of the FAs that signed this sim. Now we must decide to dump the remaining balance into scouting/PD or sign one of the lesser FAs remaining. Lot of good gets for bargain prices this sim: Flores, Scriber, Banuelos, Brooks, Krause...well done.
        Last edited by umd; 04-12-2017, 10:45 AM.
        IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
        Last Call '08 (Manning)
        New Brew '08 (Pulido)
        Desert Legends

Comment

Zing! Still a dick.
          You were just talking about how productive your off-season was and I'm agreeing.

By sending Garnett to LAD it allowed you to add 1,000 seats, sign C Flores, RP Scriber and have $12M to put into scouting, PD or just open the season in the black.

Comment

The most disastrous offseason in history. We dump multiple players, so I got shorted there), don't participate in FA, our fan interest has dropped 10 points, and still don't have any money. Our owner taking $22m from us in 2020 has really come back to hurt. Combined with me screwing up ticket prices this offseason has our accountants convinced we're broke.

Comment

Ya I agree with Pat. Your hammer approach to trading always keeps you in contention.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                The most disastrous offseason in history. We dump multiple players, so I got shorted there), don't participate in FA, our fan interest has dropped 10 points, and still don't have any money. Our owner taking $22m from us in 2020 has really come back to hurt. Combined with me screwing up ticket prices this offseason has our accountants convinced we're broke.
                You've had a 16 year run with two Brewmaster's Championships, 10 playoff appearances and no seasons under .500.... You were due.

Comment

Not too sure how to keep up fan interest. I was at 100 before the switch now I'm all the way down at 83. Only goes down, never goes up.
                  IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
                  Last Call '08 (Manning)
                  New Brew '08 (Pulido)
                  Desert Legends

Comment

Not too sure how to keep up fan interest. I was at 100 before the switch now I'm all the way down at 83. Only goes down, never goes up.
                    Mine dropped throughout 2020 from I think the high 80s to 62 at it's lowest point. Lost players, dropped 30 in the win column, etc. This off-season it's gone up now to 76 but I've added Reeves, Murillo, Sanches and Guerrero, who are all pretty popular.

Comment

Made a couple of signings, so I think my roster is all set to start the season.

Should be an interesting year.
                      Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Ya I agree with Pat. Your hammer approach to trading always keeps you in contention.
                        And then there's Denver. We can never make a trade in this league unless it's us bending over backwards giving people star players that cost nothing for bargain bin minor leaguers.

Never get it. People rather take on big long contracts from fading players or spend more money on questionable free agents.

This is why I always go into no trade mode. And when I do get a PM it's: "What do you want?" Just make an offer, guy.

Yes, I'm angry right now. This is what you guys want! It's 2021 and we're back, kids.
                        Denver Bulls

Comment

The Bock is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post

And then there's Denver. We can never make a trade in this league unless it's us bending over backwards giving people star players that cost nothing for bargain bin minor leaguers.

Never get it. People rather take on big long contracts from fading players or spend more money on questionable free agents.

This is why I always go into no trade mode. And when I do get a PM it's: "What do you want?" Just make an offer, guy.

Yes, I'm angry right now. This is what you guys want! It's 2021 and we're back, kids.
                            I hear you. I haven't made a big BLB trade in five seasons or something.
                            Maine Guides
                            General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                            Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                            Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                            Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                            8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                            30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

I'm keeping all of the players!

I really don't care anymore. I cared 5 minutes ago but it's whatever.

I really just want to move someone so I can bring Banuelos back. He belongs in Denver.

Excited for a new season.
                              Denver Bulls

Comment

Working...
                              X