• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Regular Season SIM 3 Complete - Next SIM Monday 8/24

Files due by 700 am ET| 400 am PT
    Philly Freedom
    Owner & GM: 1987 - Pres.
    Porter Div. Champs (Mbr '84-'15): 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2011
    Stout Div. Champs (Mbr '78-'83 & '16-present): 2016, 2017
    IL Wild Card Winner: 1987, 2013, 2018, 2019
    Import League Champs: 1984, 2010, 2017

I need offensive help in the worst way. And now Schneider sucks.

Comment

It's hard to complain about 14-4, but my manager has already blown three games by leaving a mediocre starter in pas the seventh inning when I have capable setup guys. I know I can tweak the pitch counts and pull guys strategy, but is there a button that says, "Hey idiot manager, when a lousy starter sneaks into the 8th with a two run lead, pull his ass for a reliever, you dumb twit!"
      GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
      Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
      Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC
        It's hard to complain about 14-4, but my manager has already blown three games by leaving a mediocre starter in pas the seventh inning when I have capable setup guys. I know I can tweak the pitch counts and pull guys strategy, but is there a button that says, "Hey idiot manager, when a lousy starter sneaks into the 8th with a two run lead, pull his ass for a reliever, you dumb twit!"
        Yes, in some ways.

What are your game strategies set to?

You can adjust them so your manager is more likely to pull a starter in the later innings.

Edit. I see you mentioned the pull starters strategies already. Tweak some more. Mess with bullpen assignments. Possibly even start using pitch counts.

I figured out which inning / pitch count I saw my starters struggle after and I spent a couple seasons tweaking till I found a comfortable setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Denver Bulls

Comment

4-3 and while not the best week, I've definitely seen much worse so I'll take it.

I think we are starting to come together with our new veteran additions and although it is early, it looks like we could possibly have the 2nd best pitching staff in the IL.

Had a very interesting first game of the series vs. Washington as both teams go scoreless for 10 innings before both teams score a single run in the 11th, and we go on to win with 14th inning single by 20 year old outfielder, C.J. Stripling. SP Jaylin Bird threw 9.2 scoreless innings and doesn't get the win, but his 90 game score is going to be a contender for one of the best pitching performances this season.

After an amazing rookie season that saw him come in 2nd in Last Call voting and 3rd in New Brew voting, 28 year old closer, Edwin Carrasco, is having a tough start to 2021. Last year, the Nicaraguan star had just 13 BB and 5 HRA all year. This year he already has 5 walks and 2 HRA. Hopefully he can sort that out as the season goes on.

We also picked up 35 year old outfielder, Dave Perkins on a 1-year contract. A guy who I personally think should be a Hall of Famer when he hangs them up, I think he'll be a good addition to take some of the pressure off of rookie outfielders C.J. Stripling and Pat Krebs, while mentoring them to reach their full potentials. I'm very happy to see him available this late in the season for this price.

Next week we continue our home stand, hosting Windy City and Seattle with a chance to climb above .500 with a good week.

​​​​​​​

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
          - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
          - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
          - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Hank is very quiet after being sweept by Dallas, how does it feel uh??

5-1 week with some players starting to take off... Carry on Sharks, carry on...
            Miami Sharks (BLB)
            * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
            * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post

Yes, in some ways.

What are your game strategies set to?

You can adjust them so your manager is more likely to pull a starter in the later innings.

Edit. I see you mentioned the pull starters strategies already. Tweak some more. Mess with bullpen assignments. Possibly even start using pitch counts.

I figured out which inning / pitch count I saw my starters struggle after and I spent a couple seasons tweaking till I found a comfortable setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thank you kind sir! I'll continue to tweak. I'm used to being out of the playoffs by now and none of this mattering.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post

5-1 week with some players starting to take off... Carry on Sharks, carry on...
                Bottom Bear is back!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC View Post
                  14-4 and #2 in power rankings.

If it ain't broke.......

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                  - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                  - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                  - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

2-1 vs. Davenport = Series could have easily been 2-1 Davenport or 3-0 Seattle. All the games were super close. Games 1 and 3 were won by a team that had yet to score a run until the 9th inning.

3-0 vs. Windy City = The Blues were completely shutout in the series - 4-0, 4-0, 2-0.

Seattle now sits 6-13 and for today...we are happy.
                    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Delandis View Post
                      Had a very interesting first game of the series vs. Washington as both teams go scoreless for 10 innings before both teams score a single run in the 11th, and we go on to win with 14th inning single by 20 year old outfielder, C.J. Stripling. SP Jaylin Bird threw 9.2 scoreless innings and doesn't get the win, but his 90 game score is going to be a contender for one of the best pitching performances this season.

​​​​​​​
                      9.2 innings of no-hit ball by Byrd. Our first hit came in the 11th inning.

Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

I feel bad for Pat Yahn.
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

5-2 week for the Bats makes us 14-4 and #1 on the Power Rankings.

Our pitching came back to Earth a little bit this week, as we had a 2.26 team ERA. Still very good, and obviously we aren't going to do this all year. It was our bullpen that struggled a bit this sim, as Rodriguez, Lafargue, Lawrence and Rico all gave up runs. We gave up 8 in the game that our 6th starter, Ed Knasel, started - though he only gave up 3 of them. The rest of the starters were fantastic. Villasenor hasn't given up a run yet, Mitchell had 2 very good starts, Ed Carroll was his usual self, and Dave Koehler is off to a very good start in his second year. Our top 5 starters have been nearly flawless.

It wasn't a bad week at the plate, but nothing extraordinary there either. Rogelio Padilla is a nice surprise at the plate so far. I didn't expect him to start every day, but with Bruce Gonzalez off to a dreadful start I'm going to have to consider making that change. Gonzalez has been a big disappointment so far after having a really nice year in 2020. We're middle of the road so far at the plate, so I'm looking for more from my lineup.

The Bock comes to town now, 3 against Death Valley and Windy City. I always want to do well at home, but it will be a challenge.
                          Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                            I feel bad for Pat Yahn.
                            Fuck Pat Yahn. He doesn't like LAD and wouldn't resign after all we did for him. Oh wait....
                            Columbus Catfish (2020-2030 & 2036-2038)
                            Huntsville Bulldogs (2043-present)

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
                              I didn't feel a thing.
                              Unlike my victims who just strap in and feel the G's

Last edited by Hank; 04-22-2017, 09:05 PM.
                              Brewers League Baseball
                              General Manager, Montreal Exports, 2009-Present
                              2015 Brewmasters Cup (+1 over Indy)

Brewers League Hockey
                              General Manager, Dallas Generals

Comment

Working...
                              X