Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

I posted a poll on the front page, but you can post comments here. The question is, should injuries be increased next season. They are currently set at "low". There are 5 possible settings, ranging from Very Low to Very High.

To me, it doesn't seem like we're seeing enough injuries. If I did increase them, I'd probably use a custom injury file that causes more day-to day nagging type injuries and less fractured skull, season and career ending type.

Let me know your thoughts.

I voted no.

Comment

I prefer the game to be as realistic as possible. With regard to injuries I think the game does a pretty good job of that (at least if they changed all the fractured skulls to knee injuries) with a setting of normal.

It seems pretty obvious that from the prespective of realism injuries are way too low at the current BLB setting. I think I have only had three injuries of more than a week or so in my entire system this year and very few minor injuries as well.

It is frustrating to lose a key player for awhile but it makes the game more challenging and less predictable with a more realistic injury setting.

Comment

I voted 'yes'. We're not seeing enough injuries.

Comment

I like not having all the injuries, but you're right, it's not as realistic. I say we do increase SLIGHTLY.
          WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
          Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
          Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
          Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
          BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
          Hall of Famers: 4
          Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
          Stout Sluggers: 2
          New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
          You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

I'm in favor of a slight increase. It seems like we're seeing a good number of long-term (and career-ending) injuries, but we could use some more week-to-ten-day injuries.
            SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
            NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
            1998 BLB Champions
            2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
            Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

It seems like we're mostly in favor of increasing injuries. Which is fine by me, but if Andrew has the time, do you think you can sim a season or two on a test league to make sure it comes out realistically?

Comment

I say you crank injuries up to maximum!

But seriously, it is rather low IMHO.

Comment

Increase.
                  Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                  Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                  Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Working...
                  X