X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Sim 20

4-2 for Maine with a 5.5 game lead.

Rosters expand after Thursday's sim.

dammit. picked up only 0.5 games after going 4-3. My bullpen blows game after game.

In another note.. the AA championship has gone to a game 7! Some real close games.

Game 1: Lose 3-2 in bottom of 12th.
    Game 2: win 7-6, with Myrtle Beach scoring 1 in the bottom 9th and the final out with men on 1st and 2nd.
    Game 3: Win 5-2
    Game 4: Lose 2-0
    Game 5: Win 4-3 by scoring 2 in the bottom of the 9th.
    Game 6: Lose 5-4

And now game 7 has my ace Zhou (15-10) going. Good series!

Comment

Bad week. #4 SP hurt for 3 weeks and dropped to 4.5 games back.

How much does the roster expand?
      Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

ugh, 3-3 and lost .5 game to Hyundai. We had a 1-3 series versus Sin City, not good, they are last place in the division!

Last years DLAAA Outstanding Player of the Year, Leandro Carillo, has finally made his way to the majors, and he isn't dissapointing. He's hitting .320 with a .393 OBP, and 13 RBI in 12 games. Not bad!
        Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

I'm curious, is anyone else selling out ALL of their games?
          Attendance is amazing for my team right now, and I plan on adding more seats soon, hopefully.

Comment

10 game winning streak, FINALLY back in first. But only by one game. Gonna sweat every sim from here on out.
            WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
            Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
            Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
            Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
            BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
            Hall of Famers: 4
            Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
            Stout Sluggers: 2
            New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
            You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

Regardless of record, the Whalers are pretty happy beating the Dinos in back to back games. The first beating Drewery, and the second beating Dan Jones, and in both circumstances Qutnones recorded the save. If you remember, these were three of the key components in the last minute deal between our two teams. Take that, Dinos!

Comment

4-3... no ground made but we'd definitely be in the wild card race.

Comment

Originally posted by HrfdWhale
                  Regardless of record, the Whalers are pretty happy beating the Dinos in back to back games. The first beating Drewery, and the second beating Dan Jones, and in both circumstances Qutnones recorded the save. If you remember, these were three of the key components in the last minute deal between our two teams. Take that, Dinos!
                  We in Los Lunas are also pretty happy that you beat the Dinos!

Comment

Originally posted by HrfdWhale
                    Poetic justice I guess :(

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                      Bad week. #4 SP hurt for 3 weeks and dropped to 4.5 games back.

How much does the roster expand?
                      40 men active roster, up from 25.

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
                        ugh, 3-3 and lost .5 game to Hyundai. We had a 1-3 series versus Sin City, not good, they are last place in the division!

Last years DLAAA Outstanding Player of the Year, Leandro Carillo, has finally made his way to the majors, and he isn't dissapointing. He's hitting .320 with a .393 OBP, and 13 RBI in 12 games. Not bad!
                        We got a big 3 game series coming up!

Speaking of call ups...

Salbatore Purg (love that name!) AA player of the year last year, has been on FIRE!

http://ootp.oldredboat.com/news/html...ayer_1237.html

Comment

Originally posted by robster1225
                          I'm curious, is anyone else selling out ALL of their games?
                          Attendance is amazing for my team right now, and I plan on adding more seats soon, hopefully.
                          Yeah, I've been selling out (or close to it, averaging over 34000 per game in a 35000 seat stadium). I should've upgraded my seats last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rubisco43
                            We got a big 3 game series coming up!

Speaking of call ups...

Salbatore Purg (love that name!) AA player of the year last year, has been on FIRE!

http://ootp.oldredboat.com/news/html...ayer_1237.html
                            I can't wait for the series!

Purg is definetely tearing him up. It's interesting that the AA and AAA player's of the year are now in the BIGS and were both brought up around the same time for rival teams! There's your DRAMA!

Comment

4-3 on the week.

4.5 up on Virginia and Washington, which is funny because I considered Baltimore to be toughest competition...but the Bulldogs are still lurking.

One more month!

Comment

Working...
                              X