SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Sim 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIM COMPLETE - 1979 - Sim 23

Looks like the division races are pretty much wrapped up. Davenport and Hyundai are still in striking distance but it's not looking good.

Took 2 of 3 from Davenport (You're welcome, Jistic), and swept Los Alamos.

5-1 on the week. We're rolling at the right time. I hope it carries into the playoffs.

I lost my 2b, Earl Eanes, to a fractured wrist...but only for 2 weeks. Lucked out there.

Comment

Man, these last few weeks really blew open what looked like a tight race in the Stout. Congrats Sully - here's hoping you represent us better than I did last year in the playoffs.

On the bright side, Ed Aucoin is making the most of his late season audition and looks like an OF starter next season.
      SIN CITY GAMBLERS since 1990
      NEW ORLEANS DUKES since 1993
      1998 BLB Champions
      2000 BLB Champions

Originally posted by umd
      Everyone simmer down. I'm the moron here.

Comment

season...over
        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

We've won 8 of our last 10, so I guess there's reason for optimism next season.
          Maine Guides
          General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
          Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
          Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
          Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
          8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
          30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Skerik
            Man, these last few weeks really blew open what looked like a tight race in the Stout. Congrats Sully - here's hoping you represent us better than I did last year in the playoffs.

On the bright side, Ed Aucoin is making the most of his late season audition and looks like an OF starter next season.
            Thanks, Skerik. It's crazy how pretty much every division featured a tight race for a good part of the season, but the playoff picture is starting to clear up much earlier than we expected.

For those of you with late season call-ups, let us know how they're doing. I'm interested in hearing how the future of the BLB is playing.

Comment

what's that? 4-2 again? surprise surprise. lose a game. all but over for me :(

Comment

had a great sim, and now a pretty safe 5 game lead.

As far as call ups, i've got C. Hoeft in my rotation now, and he's 3-0 in 3 starts with 24 IP, which means 3 quality starts. Hoeft's ERA is an amazing 1.88. L. Carillo is playing well also, he's hitting .323 with a .413 OBP, 7 HR's, 26 RBI in only 31 games.

It's amazing that I called these guys up as backups, and they've already earned starting spots on a playoff team. The future looks bright in Los Lunas.
                Los Lunas Javelinas - 1978 Brewmaster Champions!

Comment

Cade Roberts is pretty decent for an 18 year old in the majors, he'll be stud later on. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                    Took 2 of 3 from Davenport (You're welcome, Jistic),
                    Thank you! I owe you one.

Wow went 6-0 and went up 5 games.

Great lead, but it's still not over. Pitching has been ridiculous down the stretch. Could have 2 20 game winners with a third being close. I just get nervous that it's gonna even out at the end. Cobellan is actually out pitching McOwl. We're 12-3 so far this month, that's gonna change soon.
                    WINDY CITY PLAYBOYS
                    Bock Division Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
                    Wildcard Playoff Berths - 1984, 1988, 1993, 2010
                    Import League Champions - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1986, 2008, 2009
                    BLB Champions - 1986, 2009
                    Hall of Famers: 4
                    Pale Ale Pitcher Awards: 6
                    Stout Sluggers: 2
                    New Brews: 6

Originally posted by fsquid
                    You guys should trade with Windy City.

Comment

2-4... looks like I better start gearing up for the future.

Comment

Oy.. 13 game road trip coming up. 3 vs. Los Lunas. I totally need to go like 10-3 to make a serious run.

Comment

Well, certainly nothing to write home about, but we did have one good game during the sim. Young Jerry Dean won his 21st game pitching 8 solid innings while allowing 5 hits, 1 walk and recording 6 K's.

It was a good game all around as every player had at least one hit and all but two had at least one RBI as we beat Hartford 12 - 2. Of course Hartford kicked our butts in the other two games of the series.

Now that the Commish has my password set for me I can access the team and have a good look around. Maybe we can get some positives over the last couple of weeks of the season and make something good happen next year.
                          It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Denver_GM
                            Now that the Commish has my password set for me I can access the team and have a good look around. Maybe we can get some positives over the last couple of weeks of the season and make something good happen next year.
                            Like trading Jerry Dean to the Dinos?

Comment

Giving some AAA and AA guys a chance to see if they can start next year.

If they are good enough, I am probably going to have to do some trading in the off-season.
                              Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                              Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                              Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Working...
                              X