Clear All

• 2030 Regular Season SIM 10 Complete - Next SIM Wed 1/16

Next SIM - Wed 1/16

- Files due by 7am ET | 4am PT
    - League file is up. HTML in process; utility to follow

Stat of the Day!

DFA: Bat
    Roster:

- Phoenix is open. Holler if you know someone interested.
    - The draft has been entered...Rookie league roster size is up to 40 for a few SIMs

Disappointing week for the Bats as we fall in the Power Rankings and tumble out of first place in the Stout. We started the week by winning 2 of 3 in Philadelphia before coming home to face Denver, who we swept.

My pitching was good this week - we allowed just 13 runs in the 6 games. Pat Arballo had two good starts but had to settle for a no decision in one. Dave Theisen struck out 12 more hitters to pick up a win in his start this week. Those two are a combined 17-3 in their decisions, which is pretty much what I'm looking for from our top two in the rotation. We're not nearly as good when they aren't on the mound, so hopefully the rest of the pitching staff is taking notes.

At the plate, we finally got appearances from Josh Allen and Ian Lisch. My scout assures me that those two are stars, so hopefully he's not wrong. They looked the part this week. My middle of the lineup is slugging well, with Rory Smith hitting 4 HRs this week and Jamie Nickerson adding 3. We're up to 100 dingers as a team. I'm not sure what the team record is for homers in a season (for the entire team), but I think this team will probably set it.

In bad news, 2B Freddie Mangan is out for 4 months. He's been in a slump for the past month and a half, but I was hoping he'd break out of it. Instead, he just broke his ankle. We have a couple options in AAA, so hopefully someone will step up. Maybe it's time for Dave "Cabfare" Davidson.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Bad month, though we are still holding a playoff spot.

BLB quick look, the IL is once again top heavy. That has to be boring. Also, looks like the #1 pick in the draft is all but wrapped up.
      PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
      DL Champions 91, 03, 04, 10, 13, 14**,16,17
      Ale Champions 92, 93, 94, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11, 13, 14**, 16, 17, 18
      Wildcard 91, 95, 12

** Partial credit. Ran in Expo mode.

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post
        Bad month, though we are still holding a playoff spot.

BLB quick look, the IL is once again top heavy. That has to be boring. Also, looks like the #1 pick in the draft is all but wrapped up.
        Maine says hello.
        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Maine says hello.
          He's on a run now, but we know the Ale shifts eventually. As for Seattle, Washington, sometimes Baltimore or Philly......
          PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
          Wildcard 91, 95, 12

Comment

Originally posted by funclown View Post

He's on a run now, but we know the Ale shifts eventually. As for Seattle, Washington, sometimes Baltimore or Philly......
            Turrell Morris says what up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Turrell Morris says what up.
              Lol. Maine is on its 3rd season. Had some nice intl signings. A plan which has me changing how I want to build 5.0. #admireyouradversaries

I'm not tanking like I have on my past
              PAWTUCKET PATRIOTS
              Wildcard 91, 95, 12

Comment

Thanks Matt!

Seattle goes 6-1 visiting Windy City/Carolina and the Bock lead is now 11.5 games in June. The Pilots rank 1st in runs, 3rd in runs allowed and 4th in defense in the IL.

It appears SP Eliott Paul is finally rounding into the player I thought he would be when we drafted him. The 27-year-old swings between rotation and bullpen, but going forward he might be a permanent starter. He's improved his control and is now 9-1 with a 2.85 ERA and 1.09 WHIP.

LEAGUE REMINDER: Some players that were draft eligible have been released (some go back to school and will be in next years pool.) Take a look at the available FAs if your Rookie League is filled with scrubs. We don't get the better type of UDFA talent that we used to because kids go back but there could be some hidden gems out there. Worth taking a look and possibly giving a small minor league signing bonus if there is someone you really like.

Comment

Baltimore goes 7-0 and moves atop the Power Rankings for the first time this year.

I had no idea this team would be anywhere near this good but with over 1/3 of the season gone here we are. We're getting career performances from a whole host of players including former Denver stars, OF Gil Banda and IF Robby Sisson. I really thought that our pitching staff would take a hit after losing Dominguez, but the staff has rallied around our new #1 in Pat Goldsmith who leads the league in shutouts and CG at 39 years old.

This should be an interesting year for Baltimore, to say the least.

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                  - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                  - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                  - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

Working...
                  X