Clear All

• 2030 Regular Season SIM 11 Complete - Next SIM Fri 1/18

Next SIM - Fri 1/18

- Files due by 7am ET | 4am PT
    - League file is up. HTML in process; utility to follow

Stat of the Day!

DFA: Mai
    Roster:

- Phoenix is open. Holler if you know someone interested.
    - The draft has been entered...Rookie league roster size is up to 40 for a few SIMs

Thanks Matt! Really appreciate you simming and writing!

Seattle goes 2-1 at DC and then sweeps all four games hosting California. Had three BLB injuries but luckily the longest is a two weeks. We finally passed Maine for the HFA recently and just this week passed them in run differential. We are playing really good ball and super utility man Robby Goss heads down to do a rehab stint in Triple-A after breaking his ankle back in March.

Around the league... Don't look now but here comes Wilmington charging up the ranks. And if the playoffs ended today, Hartford would be in the playoffs for the first time since 2023...when they made it to the Brewmaster's.

Scooped up a few UDFA's who are borderline to make the rookie league team. Largest bonus being just $25k going to CF Francis Dudley. I think I spent $300k on a guy last year. Dudley probably won't ever make the BLB but he can run, field and my scout thinks his bat is at least good enough to hit at the bottom of a lineup. He never played in two years of college. These players are always intriguing. Did he never play because he sucks? Or because the Feeder League AI made a mistake? He probably sucks.

REMINDER: Rookie league starts this week and your roster needs to be down to 40. Be sure to set your depth, lineup and pitching staffs up for the games. I think we have to trim that down to 28 in the next few sims.
    Last edited by Pat; 01-16-2019, 01:13 PM.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

4-3 week for the Bats. We were smacked around by Seattle and lost that series, but managed to rebound and win 3/4 against New York. Thanks to some struggles in Baltimore, we're back in first place.

Our star of the week was 3B Rory Smith. He's having a good season in his 2nd year in the league, and he hit .481 with 11 RBI this week. He seems well positioned to make this first all star team, even though he'll likely never start one given the competition at 3B in the IL. Top prospect Dave Davidson was only "ok" in his first week in the BLB - .250 with a HR and 4 RBI. I wasn't going to call him up this early in the season, but he was pressed into action and hopefully can grow into the job. He thinks he's ready but still has a long way to develop to reach his potentials according to my scout/OSA.

Perpetually injured players Pieter Van Westen and Bert Garza both picked up DTD injuries this week. Garza's ok now but Van Westen still has 6 days to go. Given that he's an injury risk just trying to make it to the stadium, he might head to the DL just to be safe.

We head to Baltimore with first place on the line to start next week. It feels like this race will probably go down to the wire, so every game matters in that one.

Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

Padilla is gonna be Wrecked before he even makes it to the majors because of these day to day injuries. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post
          Padilla is gonna be Wrecked before he even makes it to the majors because of these day to day injuries. Sigh.
          I'd probably just put him at DH while he continues to work on his hitting in Triple-A. OSA already has him a "70" at CF.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

I'd probably just put him at DH while he continues to work on his hitting in Triple-A. OSA already has him a "70" at CF.
            Yeah that’s what I’ll end up doing; I had to do it earlier this season as well. His injury record this year has been rough.

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post

Yeah that’s what I’ll end up doing; I had to do it earlier this season as well. His injury record this year has been rough.
              When the draft class first came out, I thought Padilla was a top three talent. The concern, obviously with the fall in the draft, was his injuries and position. If he can stay healthy he's going to be one of the best CFs in the game.

Comment

Fun week in SYR going 5-1. Best week of the season after trading away what seems like half our team.

Pat DiBona made his debut and didn't experience any rookie jitters, hitting 2 HRs in his first game. I'm still not sure he's ready for the BLB, but he finished the week hitting .450 with 3 HRs. I'll take that pace!
                Last edited by Jim; 01-16-2019, 10:51 PM.
                Dallas Snappers

Pilsner Champs: 1984, 1986, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
                DL Wild card: 1992

Comment

TWSS.

Comment

We suck. Everyone is up for trade!

I'm kidding. I'm encouraged that the team is competing despite a lot of poor performances in areas I did not expect. But I think Nieto coming back has helped the offense. Gluchowski was amazing his first week. 3 HR 8 RBI.

We lose Healey again. It's just par for the course now. Back in the day Pat asked if Healey's injury history would make him a risky pick. Healey responded by playing no less than 155 games in 8 of his first 10 seasons. The other two he played 126 because of a hamstring injury and 129 because it was his rookie season and he was promoted later into the year.

But since turning 31, Healey has played 122, 93, 111 games and is now out for a month this season. It's always either the hamstring or his right shoulder. Maybe he needs Paul's 3B coach to reel him in so he doesn't get hurt running the bases again.
                    Denver Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                      We suck. Everyone is up for trade!

I'm kidding. I'm encouraged that the team is competing despite a lot of poor performances in areas I did not expect. But I think Nieto coming back has helped the offense. Gluchowski was amazing his first week. 3 HR 8 RBI.

We lose Healey again. It's just par for the course now. Back in the day Pat asked if Healey's injury history would make him a risky pick. Healey responded by playing no less than 155 games in 8 of his first 10 seasons. The other two he played 126 because of a hamstring injury and 129 because it was his rookie season and he was promoted later into the year.

But since turning 31, Healey has played 122, 93, 111 games and is now out for a month this season. It's always either the hamstring or his right shoulder. Maybe he needs Paul's 3B coach to reel him in so he doesn't get hurt running the bases again.
                      Bingo! The BLB must have the most poorly groomed diamonds anywhere!
                      GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
                      Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
                      Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
                      Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Working...
                      X