Clear All

• 2032 Regular Season SIM 1 Complete - Next SIM Fri 5/10

Next SIM - Fri 5/10

- Files due by 6am ET | 3am PT
    - File is up; HTML to follow

Stat of the Day!

DFA:
    Roster:

It sounds ridiculous to call a 6-0 start to the season disastrous, but it definitely wasn't a great finish to the week. Losing Dave Theisen for 4 months is a huge blow to this team. SP depth was my biggest concern and now we must replace our top pitcher one week into the season.

Looking past that, we went 6-0. Scored the most runs in the league, allowed the second fewest. Dave "Cabfare" Davidson got off to a hot start and won POTW. Outside of Ron Horton, everyone who pitched did well. The team looked as good as I could have possibly hoped.

Going forward, I guess we have to play some road games. That'll start this week as we travel to the much improved Kodiaks and then face Stout favorites New York. Jamie Breed will probably get called up to replace Theisen in the rotation as I wait for Pieter van Westen to get a few rehab starts in before he comes back to the BLB rotation. Hopefully he can make it that long before hurting himself again.
    Last edited by liquidcrash; 05-08-2019, 01:07 PM.
    Washington Bats, 2013-

Comment

1-5. Go team. Here’s to another -5 Pythagorean season. Thanks OOTP.
      Death Valley Scorpions (2003-Present)
      Division Champs '05 '07 '08 '11 '13 '14 '15 '16 '19
      IL WC '09 '10 '12 '17

IL Champs '13 '16 '19
      Stout Slugger '08 (Jones) '15 (McCarley)
      Last Call '08 (Manning)
      New Brew '08 (Pulido)
      Desert Legends
      #33 Danny Salcedo ('15) #30 Colin Cash ('16) #32 Brendan Lindsey ('17)

Comment

Not gonna panic yet. Nope. Not me.

Comment

Great start for the new look Seattle Pilots: 2-1 vs. PHX and 3-0 @ BAL. The one loss was 4-5, with four of the Roadrunners runs coming unearned. In fact, the Pilots rotation finished the week with a 0.30 ERA. Hard to buy into one week of stats but with 3/5 of our rotation coming from late FA signings, (Stone, Roman, Conlee), I'll take it.

We did have our first (bullpen) injury to Pat Reeves. He's "wrecked" and missed 13 months from 8/30 to 9/31. In his parts of two seasons returning, he has thrown 8.2 innings and has twice been hurt. It's a shame because he's one of the most talented relievers in the entire league with a 99 MPH, extreme ground ball, good stamina and his best pitch is his changeup (80).

Some decent talent on the waiver wire. Seattle has P Jayden Howell and OF Gunther Choi. I anticipate both will be claimed. If you want them now for a draft pick, let me know.

Year of the Bats!
          Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
          Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
          Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

We're off to a 3-3... Felt like it could have been a little better with our top two pitchers finishing the week... It's strange to see speed in California, but hopefully our wild running ways pay more dividends in the future than the rally killings they supported this week!

The young and, mostly untested, bullpen had a solid first week!

Big pickup C Santiago, shit all over himself this week... I'm hoping that turns itself around... Quickly!
            GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
            Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
            Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
            Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Working...
            X