2032 Offseason SIM 3 FA2 Complete - Next SIM FA3 Wednesday (AM) 7/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funclown View Post

I've had an excellent scout(outstanding Intl) , past 3 seasons have been at the baseline with scouting (over last year) and varying % with Int scouting. I do get discoveries , but never someone who comes close to the top 100. Again to me its just random.
    The Top 100 doesn't mean anything. You guys do realize that? It's SOLELY based on OSA's rating, and if you read what I posted above, they are less accurate than most scouts who are available for hire (150+) and they have little to no budget. On top of that, the younger the player is the LESS ACCURATE OSA is on a player. Take someone like Tom Gowans. He's ranked as the #16 SP on the Top 20 Players list. He has been scouted by OSA since 2023 at 15 years old. He didn't break into the OSA top 100 until April of 2030, when he was 22 years old. However, a year prior he was the key piece in the Maine-DVS Dave Tibbs blockbuster. I'm sure DVS spends a decent amount of money on minor league scouting and was able to find an ace SP prospect that OSA didn't even have on the top 100. Or look at the OSA history on 3B Mat Barone. Or OF Jimmy Edge. Etc. Etc. Etc.

As for your situation and it again being "random." You have an Outstanding ITL scout. There are seven LEGENDARY ITL scouts in the BLB and seven Outstanding (including yours.). So, your scout is slightly above average as teams #8-#15 all have the same ITL quality of scout in a 24 team league. On top of that you admit to having scouting at the "baseline" of $3M. With "varying %" let's just say that you have them split even 25/25/25/25. You are spending roughly $750k on ITL Scouting with a slightly above average scout, correct? Prior to 2028, I spent less than 5% of my budget of ITL scouting. Some years, I even had it as low as 0 or 1% because I didn't know what it really did or how effective. I don't play single player. I don't rarely read the OOTP forums. I'm not in multiple leagues. My result? None of the international discoveries my scout signed are in my organization and I don't believe a single one made it out of Single-A for more than a few sims. Since 2028, ITL scouting has become my primary scouting percentage and I have a LEGENDARY ITL scout. After that I discovered LF Richie Van Luik, SS JR Djojo, 1B Lonnie Obayana, SP Danny Ley and SP Mike Ponce. Those currently rank #1, #2, #4, #10 and #19 in my org Top 30. And while you are spending $750k on ITL scouting with an above average scout when compared to the rest of the league, I have a LEGENDARY ITL scout and I'm currently slated to spend $2.5M on ITL scouting which if I don't land all my FA targets, that number will likely jump north of $4M.

On top of that, your scout did discover the #5 prospect in your organization a SP Miko Takala. Your #7 is a discovery Tich Tran-Thahn, who was a discovery by PaulC and you later signed as a minor league FA. Your #8 prospect in your org was your top pick in the 2031 draft (31st overall) Juan Hawkins. So despite having a baseline scouting budget and an above average ITL scout, you were able to discover a SP that OSA ranks above your top draft choice in 2031.
    Last edited by Pat; 07-10-2019, 10:41 AM.
    Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
    Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
    Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

Y’all type too much

Comment

Originally posted by JJLinn View Post
        Y’all type too much
        Brewers League Baseball
        General Manager, Montreal Exports, 2009-Present
        2015 Brewmasters Cup (+1 over Indy)

Brewers League Hockey
        General Manager, Dallas Generals

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

The Top 100 doesn't mean anything. You guys do realize that? It's SOLELY based on OSA's rating, and if you read what I posted above, they are less accurate than most scouts who are available for hire (150+) and they have little to no budget. On top of that, the younger the player is the LESS ACCURATE OSA is on a player. Take someone like Tom Gowans. He's ranked as the #16 SP on the Top 20 Players list. He has been scouted by OSA since 2023 at 15 years old. He didn't break into the OSA top 100 until April of 2030, when he was 22 years old. However, a year prior he was the key piece in the Maine-DVS Dave Tibbs blockbuster. I'm sure DVS spends a decent amount of money on minor league scouting and was able to find an ace SP prospect that OSA didn't even have on the top 100. Or look at the OSA history on 3B Mat Barone. Or OF Jimmy Edge. Etc. Etc. Etc.

As for your situation and it again being "random." You have an Outstanding ITL scout. There are seven LEGENDARY ITL scouts in the BLB and seven Outstanding (including yours.). So, your scout is slightly above average as teams #8-#15 all have the same ITL quality of scout in a 24 team league. On top of that you admit to having scouting at the "baseline" of $3M. With "varying %" let's just say that you have them split even 25/25/25/25. You are spending roughly $750k on ITL Scouting with a slightly above average scout, correct? Prior to 2028, I spent less than 5% of my budget of ITL scouting. Some years, I even had it as low as 0 or 1% because I didn't know what it really did or how effective. I don't play single player. I don't rarely read the OOTP forums. I'm not in multiple leagues. My result? None of the international discoveries my scout signed are in my organization and I don't believe a single one made it out of Single-A for more than a few sims. Since 2028, ITL scouting has become my primary scouting percentage and I have a LEGENDARY ITL scout. After that I discovered LF Richie Van Luik, SS JR Djojo, 1B Lonnie Obayana, SP Danny Ley and SP Mike Ponce. Those currently rank #1, #2, #4, #10 and #19 in my org Top 30. And while you are spending $750k on ITL scouting with an above average scout when compared to the rest of the league, I have a LEGENDARY ITL scout and I'm currently slated to spend $2.5M on ITL scouting which if I don't land all my FA targets, that number will likely jump north of $4M.

On top of that, your scout did discover the #5 prospect in your organization a SP Miko Takala. Your #7 is a discovery Tich Tran-Thahn, who was a discovery by PaulC and you later signed as a minor league FA. Your #8 prospect in your org was your top pick in the 2031 draft (31st overall) Juan Hawkins. So despite having a baseline scouting budget and an above average ITL scout, you were able to discover a SP that OSA ranks above your top draft choice in 2031.
          If I'm reading this right, there is really no way to compete then if you don't have a LEGENDARY scout... Right now there is ONE OUTSTANDING international scout, which apparently isn't good enough, available to hire... The rest are all excellent, or worse... Another sign that this system is not working...
          GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
          Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
          Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983
          Brewmaster's Ice Cup Champions 1979/80

Comment

Originally posted by PaulC View Post

If I'm reading this right, there is really no way to compete then if you don't have a LEGENDARY scout... Right now there is ONE OUTSTANDING international scout, which apparently isn't good enough, available to hire... The rest are all excellent, or worse... Another sign that this system is not working...
            Miami Sharks (BLB)
            * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
            * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post

My thoughts exactly...
              GM California Kodiaks 2014 - Present
              Brewmaster's Cup Champions 2036, 2043

GM Edmonton Herd 1987 - Present
              Brewmaster's Bowl Champions - 1990

GM Toronto Arenas 1979/80 - 1982/1983